Review of 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of 1.3

Ok, here it is, my fair and balanced opinion of 1.3 based on a 10 point system.

Over all 8/10

GENERAL STUFF
    Opening doors while holding junk 9/10: great!
    Moving supply chest no matter what 8/10: I like this.
    New thief invis changes 5/10: disappear, appear, like wtf! At the same time, pretty exciting. Not sure what I think totally yet.
    New models & skins 9/10: COOL!
    New maps and map changes 7/10: Generally good.

GUARD STUFF
    AI revival 7/10: a good step in the right direction, but seems a bit overpowered. I think guards should not wake up unless by another guard.
    New models & skins 9/10: COOL!
    New maps and map changes 7/10: Generally good.

New bow dmg 4/10: Nice, but it will still take 4 shots if the math is correct... where are my bloodletter bolts!

Flare toss and arm weapon 9/10: VERY NICE!!!

THIEF STUFF
    Scout Orb 8/10: Cool, cheap item.
    Decoy arrow: Didn't try it

I know im missing stuff, but I can't get it all. Add in what I missed or think isn't right.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Well ... im not gonna gives rates, but i am gonna give you my opinion :p

I love 1.3 !

The new speeches are great and even greater that you can bind them.
    The hidden speech one is great also. ( people that know it, plz don't tell how it's been done. People need to find out themself. Thanks )

The new maps were allready out , but that doesn't bother me. One thing that does bother me is the new map aquatone. I loved the old one .... and frankly i dislike the new one. The vent doors are just no fun anymore. As thief there is no escape if someone din't open ALL that doors. Ah well.

I'll give more opinions later, when im done finishing my dinner
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

The hidden speech one is great also. ( people that know it, plz don't tell how it's been done. People need to find out themself. Thanks )
      Oh my god! I could not stop laughing for about 10 minutes after that "Stop taffing around" song!! its SO FUNNY!! Still wanna know how to bind teamspeech tho

as for 1.3 I love it, the whole game looks a lot more profensional now.
      ~TuF~

Comment

come on, spill the porridge, how do I hear it?

I laugh just thinking about a song about taffing around.

tell me!
        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Extra taunts are so funny. :twisted:

And yeah, I agree with you for the guard waking up thing. I think they should be wakable only by other guards. That's how I'll set up my server, I think... I'll put guard waking up timer to 30 minutes.
          JM

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
            come on, spill the porridge, how do I hear it?

I laugh just thinking about a song about taffing around.

tell me!
            this is the reason i don't want people to know. They'll beg you for the speech
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
              Oh my god! I could not stop laughing for about 10 minutes after that "Stop taffing around" song!! its SO FUNNY!! Still wanna know how to bind teamspeech tho

as for 1.3 I love it, the whole game looks a lot more profensional now.
              Gotta get those into the game... Especially mords "Attack from orbit" one. :lol:
              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Aye, 1.3 rocks. There's too much I haven't tried out propperly yet, so please excuse me for only coming with criticism:

I deslike the new AIs, and they deslike me. I can just move forwards slowly in complete darkness, then suddenly an AI comes runing straight for me like I was 100% visible and shadowlslashes me in a few seconds. And they still got perfect aim, so AIs with tags...*shudders*. I find the old AIs difficult enough (in fact I prefer to play humans even with the old type).

And I think it's a bad idea to give thieves 2 free ropeys, it is like giving them free moss or helmets; most people don't buy them because they don't see their true value, or just don't care. Before, only the few who actually bought ropeys, moss and helmets got the few yet good rewards for doing so. Now there'll probably be a lot more taffers who'll learn the ropes (OMG the pun) just because it's free, and my monkey self will feel much less special ().

Otherwise great job on 1.3
                ]V[]V[

Comment

I would buy vine arrows regularly, if I could afford them. I find that 2 invisos, 3 cats, 2 speed or flashbombs and lockpicks eat up my money fast. I do have a loadout with some vines, but they are for specific maps at specific times. Now that I have 2 free vines, I have a little more freedom to explore the level. However, to complete the loadout balance, I think thieves should also get lockpics for free. ALMOST everyone has lockpicks in their regular loadout.

Kiech
                  Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                    I would buy vine arrows regularly, if I could afford them. I find that 2 invisos, 3 cats, 2 speed or flashbombs and lockpicks eat up my money fast. I do have a loadout with some vines, but they are for specific maps at specific times. Now that I have 2 free vines, I have a little more freedom to explore the level. However, to complete the loadout balance, I think thieves should also get lockpics for free. ALMOST everyone has lockpicks in their regular loadout.

Kiech
                    You will quickly learn young grasshopper, that the key is design two loadouts that suit you well. One with lockpicks and the other without. For there are some maps where picks are useless and others where they make all the difference.
                    "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
                    -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Before 1.3 I had one loadout with 1 lockpick, 1 ropey, 2 invis, 2 speed, 1 cat and 1 telescope, and one with 1 lockpick, 1 ropey, 2 invis, 3 catfall, 1 speed and 2 moss. I started using the second loadout more frequently when I discovered that I had oftenly more use for catfalls and moss arrows than that second speed potion and the telescope (which was just there because the price fit anyway). You have to make compromises, so you'd better experiment a few combinations to find out what suits your playing style best.
                      ]V[]V[

Comment

I'll just pitch in with a few random opinions...
                        Scouting orb: Haven't used in a real game yet, but finally, that 10 gold item I've been wanting.
                        Chest stealing: Great! This is a very good balance to the nerf for thieves. Guards have to be vary of where they place it, or some taffer will deposit it in an unreachable area, like the thief spawn on Wharehouse, or the exit on Korman. (Cue Master Builder :wink: )
                        Th-Wharehouse: I like it. Lot's of ways to get around, lot's of shadows, nice structure, etc...
                        Decoy arrows: Nice. Sure beats the footstep arrow.
                        More free equipment: Nice. I was sorta wondering if 1.3 was leaning too much to the guards, but it clearly isn't. Great work!

Comment

AI revival 7/10: a good step in the right direction, but seems a bit overpowered. I think guards should not wake up unless by another guard.
                          Agreed. The KOed guards waking up after just 5 minutes is a little too much power to the guards. I suggest having no timed wakeup or making it 10 minutes.

Comment

DECOY ARROWS RULE!

Btw, I agree on the 10 minute thingy.
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Yes, I think 10 minutes is a good compromise.

And news gets better. AI wakeup time is an option for the servers!!! Thanks you devs!!!

TCO server will be set to 10 mins, and I will talk to other server admins about making this a global setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X