Shock and Awe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock and Awe

There are reports that many people are in "Shock and Awe" at the release of 1.3!!

I don't know about you but im about sick of the words "shock and awe" and I figured just in case you hadn't heard them enough I'd help.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Heh. I wish I could hack into the CNN computers and change "Shock and Awe" to "OMG DM THIEF LOOFL!!1". :lol:
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

I've heard it, but exactly what does this strategy mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
        I don't know about you but im about sick of the words "shock and awe" and I figured just in case you hadn't heard them enough I'd help.
        Perhaps we could use the term "blitzkrieg", then. It's exactly the same tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          exactly. that's exactly what "shock and awe" means. Legal Assassin, now you know. and knowing is half the battle.

ON ANOTHER NOTE (to quote a little out of order.. but it makes more sense that way) :
          March 19th 2003 1700hrs Eastern Standard time George Walker Bush and Tony Blair: ladies and gentlemen, this will be the shortest war in history. OMFG THEE R FUKT!!!1
          March 19th 2003 0700hrs Baghdad time Saddam: OMFG TEHY DMED IT!!!111!!!1!!!!!11!!
          March 21st 2003 1500hrs Baghdad time Iraq theater commander United States General Tommy Franks and UK Chief of the Defence Staff Admiral Sir Michael Boyce: HAHAHA ALL UR IRAQ R BELOGN TO U.S.!!
          March 21st 2003 0755hrs Baghdad time Iraqi Army and Republican Guard around Umm Qasr: STFU n00bb!!1 UR ASS SI MIEN!!!
          March 21st 2003 0950hrs Baghdad time Iraq theater commander United States General Tommy Franks and UK Chief of the Defence Staff Admiral Sir Michael Boyce: OMFG TeYH DMED [email protected]!!111!!
          March 19th 2003 2243hrs Eastern Standard time George Walker: ladies and gentlemen, we have to be prepared for a long and hard engagement. OMG I LIDE ABT SHOTRTT WAR!!!!!111!!1
          throughout the war United States Secretary of State Colin Powell: OMFG AAmerica and Britain UR FUKT!!!11!!!!!!
          all the time now All humans who can think: OMG DUE PROCESS SI [email protected]!!!

the BBC has a running scorecard which you can check out.

(it's amusing to note that while everyone is calling this a war, George Walker still hasn't actually declared war. even after Congress gave up the right to do so. DOH!!! OMFG DEMOCRACY UR FUKT!!!!11!)
          and i actually believe that Tony Blair is genuinely participating in this because he thinks it the humanitarian thing to do. even though i'm sort of disillusioned with Britain's Labour party now. i was in India watching the elections on BBC when he triumphed over John Major. i was shouting "kickass!!" but now... oh well. he's still a humanist. George Walker is just mad because he may be politically wily, but we all know that regarding real life, he's just as stupid as they come. NOTE: it's true. Bacteria are MORE INTELLIGENT THAN GEORGE WALKER. i'm so glad i subscribe to Wired
          Gotta knock a little harder
          Break through the door
          --Cowboy Bepop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door OST signed by Yoko Kanno *heart*

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Originally posted by Garlisk
            Was afraid so

Sonded like "Hit and Run"... :|

Comment

"Blitzkrieg" is not hit and run. It's a charge for lack of a better term. You constantly keep the front moving toward your enemy. You pass through his front lines and drive to the other end. No static defense can stop it, because the blitzkrieg's objective is to get behind you. Then, you're behind enemy lines...

The only good defense against such a manuever is to attack first. But "blitzkrieg" is indeed an appropriate word to describe what is going in Iraq. Hell, it's assumed by the military; blitzkrieg IS the only true attack now, because there is simply no way to defend against it.

It's not just a good idea. It's the law. That my friends, is scary... :|
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Well, I meant Hit the enemy and keep Running.

Belive me, I know Blitzkrieg! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by LegalAssassin
                  Well, I meant Hit the enemy and keep Running.

Belive me, I know Blitzkrieg! :twisted:
                  I'm sure you do.
                  TCO – Retired
                  Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Working...
                  X