Some People Don't "Get" It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some People Don't "Get" It

Today a thief was placing guard bodies on top of the crypts so that when they wake up they'd be stuck there.

*sigh*

I guess the whole purpose of allowing guards to wake up hasn't caught on with some people.

Thanks to that lamer I'd like to suggest in 1.4 that bodies be unmoveable.
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

MG, you know that I was able to bolt the guard off of the crypt. It wasn't a big deal.

Comment

And throwing chest out of this world.
      "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
        Today a thief was placing guard bodies on top of the crypts so that when they wake up they'd be stuck there.

*sigh*

I guess the whole purpose of allowing guards to wake up hasn't caught on with some people.

Tell me how that's worse than stacking 5 bodies on an objective, really?

Comment

I 'get' it!

Grab a loadout of 6 firebolts and a sword. Firespam the heck out of places you think the thieves are. Get BJed. Repeat.

Whats not to get?

Kiech
          Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
            I 'get' it!

Grab a loadout of 6 firebolts and a sword. Firespam the heck out of places you think the thieves are. Get BJed. Repeat.

Whats not to get?

Kiech
            Just as friendly suggestion if you don't mind me giving one.

Because you're free to ignore me if you wish.

Get yourself into a guild that believes games should be governed by fair and equalizing rules on both sides.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
            even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
            of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

I am and I do. My statement was mocking the obvious flaw in the 'guards wake up' bit.
              Kiech

Comment

Oh no, the thieves aren't allowed to hide the bodies now, incase it gives them any help whatsoever. :roll:
                Nightwarden,
                .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Tell me how that's worse than stacking 5 bodies on an objective, really?
                  Stacking 5 bodies on the objective doesn't make it unattainable. However, from what MG said, putting a KO'ed guard on a crypt makes him unusable.

I'd be interested to know what happens if a human tries to spawn into such a "stuck" AI.

It seems to me the real problem here is not that thieves can put the bodies in cramped spaces - it's that the AI can't get out of those small spaces. Perhaps when an AI wakes up (or is woken up) it should "spawn" in the nearest place that would allow it to move.

Comment

How about it wakes up EXACTLY where it lay. Same goes for respawning into a guard too. Whether it be the bottom of the fan in Aqua, or the ocean in Spider.
                    Kiech

Comment

Kiech you obviously don't "get" it. The AI _is_ waking up where it lay, and because thieves are allowed to move bodies, this can lead to the AI being alive in a place where it can't move, but realistically, it should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil

*sigh*

Mad, you are way off. It is a feature that is designed to help the guards... thieves dont get all KO'd guards so you get a few that come back to you, so take that into account...One KO'd guard that comes back is better than 1.2 having NO guards come back.. perhaps you don't get it. Thieves have to do something to get rid of the bodies, but for the bodies we can't get rid of, they will come back you have full benefit even if only one KO'd guard comes back to life. And as far as AI being stuck, so what, when you spawn into them, your place setting shifts over a little anyway, so you will spawn in a Pathnoded area releasing you from any stuck areas. Of course bodies should be moveable, thats the point, Thieves have to take an extra step to hide the bodies, its a hinderance on them more than anything. In 1.2 you didnt have any guards coming back so its just a nice to have for you. Thieves have the extra work of getting rid of the bodies. If you dont want the AI getting stuck on coffins, make the AI smarter.

The Supply chest on the other hand I also believe should not be frobbed by thieves. They can easily take that and run and throw it out of bounds and you're screwed. I do think that the broken chest should be able to be moved by Guards still though.

Comment

Actually all you could do was change the clipping dimensions on the unconcious bodies of guards, that way even though the bodies look flat, if you try to throw them into a cramped place they would just bounce back becuase the clipping dimensions wouldn't allow the object in the small space.

Comment

To be totally honest Gerbs, I think this is fine...

The waking up guards is already an awesome benefit to guards, and I think that thieves finding interesting counters such as that are all part of the game...

Think about this:

*clunk* oof!

5 minutes later...

"ugh, where am I...my head..."
                            *look around*
                            "Holy hell, how did I get here!?"

No reason thieves shouldn't hide (or do other devious* things) with their KOd bodies...

* not that, you sick bastard
                            Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                            www.usyetzer.com

Comment

My point is that the guard WAS reachable. I was a guard as well, and it was no big deal to give the AI a little nudge off the crypt. You always have to complain about something, eh MG? :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X