omg, they AI'd it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg, they AI'd it!

If you've tried to play a thief you know what I mean.
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

:roll:

Really, is it that hard to play as a thief? I don't think so. You just need to practise a lot more. And try not to spam everytime something doesn't turn out the way you want it.

Comment

So, what does it mean?
      JM

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
        I know what you mean.

Solution: Hide the KO'ed guards better so the other guards can't find them.
        Or don't KO a guard.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
          I know what you mean.

Or don't KO a guard.
          No cookie for you.

I guess what Gerbil is trying to say is that AI are way more competent in handling thieves now... mainly due to the fact that bolts do 30 damage instead of 25... but I've also noticed a few more upgrades.

AI fires tag bolts at invisible snipers, at the cost of decreased accuracy (I proposed this feature and I am very happy to see that the devs. implemented it. )

AI are harder to lure into a shadow. I'm not sure why, but they just don't come. :/

Better ability to locate suspicious sound, and they're not to shy about whipping out their flares as well.

In a whole they act a lot faster... like they got a sudden reflex boost.

In end I might just be halucinating, but I definately have to say that AI's got a lot better and can no longer be considered the blackjack fodder they once were...

At last.

Comment

Yep.
            Not complaining, I love the new AI
            "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
              I know what you mean.

Or don't KO a guard.
              Why does that matter? With the 5 minute setting it's pointless to hide them, they'll wake up before they're found.
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Can you drown them or burn them to death while they are uconcious?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                  Can you drown them or burn them to death while they are uconcious?
                  I've been waking up guards floating in the water.

Comment

I tried pincushionning a BJed AI. First arrow : "ouch !" ... second arrow : "ouch !" ... N+1th arrow : "ouch !" :|

Emptied my whole broadhead stock (I bought more for that purpose) ; it seems the sword doesn't help either. Try to find an unpathnoded place to drop them...
                    Or you can lock them in a thief - only place ; if you want to kill them , find a pain zone or a spider nest

When the human guards are ruthless , just try to be more ghosty or BJ every AI before them (way harder now)

Comment

Yeah I tried killing some KO'd guards by fall dmg, fire dmg and drowning and it seems they act just like dead bodies and wake up as regular guards. I guess the trick now is dropping them in a place where they will die when they wake up.

:|

Comment

Solution: Servers set the skill back to Normal.

Btw. I'm not sure, but I think the Bennies are dumber than before.
                        Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

The AI is damn tough. Solution? Well, I've found that since I've gone back to ghosting, I am not getting killed by the AI.

The worst thing that happened was in Theatre, I opened a door and was in complete shadow, an AI turned around, saw the door was open, got suspicious, and a second later TAGGED ME! I was in complete shadow, and hadn't moved.

That was annoying...

Comment

This happened to me as well. I hope turning back the difficulty to normal will fix this.

Comment

Am i the only one who dont find the ai that much harder?
                              You can still easily sneak up behind them. What you cant do i go in to a crowd of 4 and pick one from the darkness... Which is VERY realistic. I mean, every player will hear it if a nearby guard is knocked out... why shouldnt the ai?
                              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X