Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SERVERS: Set the AI back to normal instead of genius.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERVERS: Set the AI back to normal instead of genius.

The skill setting is there for a reason.

(See the other threads for AI rantings)

...of course, if you really, really, really want to keep the AI at genius... expect some angry players.
    Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Doesn't it go Benny, Normal, Clever, Genius? Are you sure you want to take it down two steps?
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
      Doesn't it go Benny, Normal, Clever, Genius? Are you sure you want to take it down two steps?
      Try it out yourself man.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
        It's Benny - Stupid - Normal - Clever - Genius. Normal used to be crappy... now it's the balanced settings. Do you expect public UT servers to have Godlike bots ?

Comment

When I play privately, either in single player mode or on a private practice server, it's against genius AI. When I played UT, the same was true, I played against godlike bots. I do it for both the practice, and the challenge. AI don't usually give me much trouble, although they're a bit harder in 1.3 sometimes.

I can understand why the hardest difficulty might not be the best for the public servers, but I have little experience with other AI levels. That's why I was asking if taking them down two notches was really necessary. I'd hate to see the AI crippled, though.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

The normal difficulty setting is about the same as the old clever setting - they're not night-vision goggle wearing cybermen with magical hearing trumpets and the archery skills of robin hood, but they're not a pushover either.
            Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
            :: Howard Scott

Comment

Robin Hood didnt use a crossbow...
              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Noooo, the bots have finally been made more challenging opponents & everyone wants them to become stupid again???

Look at it this way,

harder bots = steeper learning curve = more skilled players

I hope the community is still doing its bit to help noobs settle in & making the bots smarter was done to balance out the things that they can't do (ie. switch lights back on, give orders to fellow bots, fix chest/whistler, etc).

By the way, you can make bots turn lights back on, the map just has to be set-up so that bots will pay attention to light switches. I achieved it in my map, with a SuspiciousThing & a single Trigger:

-Place both the SuspiciousThing & the Trigger on the light switch
                -Set the InitialState of the trigger to OtherTriggerToggles
                -Give both the SuspiciousThing & the Trigger a tag equal to the event of the light switch
                -Set the event of the Trigger to the tag of the light switch
                -Set the Trigger to be activated by ClassProximity & use TGuard as the class
                -If the light is initially switched on, then set the SuspiciousThing & the Trigger to be initially deactivated, or vice versa
                -Voila, bots will now turn on any lights if they can see the switch

I really suggest that someone puts this in the next version of Aquatone, maybe just for the corridor lights, it makes them a lot more convincing.

I should post this in another thread.

Comment

William Tell, then.

Comment

As an admin I want to strike a balance. I want the skilled thieves to be challenged yet I don't want new players to get so discouraged they hate to be a thief. Right now the genius AI level is a bit much imo. This is actually the way it should be too. Genius AI SHOULD be hard as hell. gj Joel!

Comment

I feel that although Genius made me extremely angry on the first day of 1.3, I know love it. It's such a challenge. If people really want to change the setting, make it clever. But I feel it should stay on Genius. At least, all AI in any matches should be Genius.

Comment

The CTG server is now set to clever AI. I'm gonna test this out for awhile but if the thieves start ruling the game bet your butt I'll up it to genious again. :twisted:

Comment

Any server got those Thief Win/Guard Win numbers?

Would be interesting to see the numbers.
                          Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
                            Any server got those Thief Win/Guard Win numbers?

Would be interesting to see the numbers.
                            They're fairly meaningless. Nobody has enough experience with 1.3 yet.

Comment

CTG Server:
                              29 Theif
                              97 Guards

I have to agree with DB that it's too early to put any stock in these numbers. It is interesting though. I'll reset these #'s every week (if I remember) so we can see thief improvement.

Comment

Working...
                              X