• Firebolts....

Limit or not?
    Left alone, let me buy all I want
    100.00%
    Limited to 2 max
    0.00%
    Limited to 3 max
    0.00%

Any more than 2 shot at me at one time will lag my computer, creating an easy kill the guard doesn't have to work for.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Comment

I like firespamming..I say leave it alone.

Comment

Mad Gerbil even SAID he had 6 firebolts once i korman... Poor taffer that got caught down in the crypts didnt have a chance... And gerbil got him self killed with all that fire.
        "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

DEFINITELY 2 MAX!

I'm so sick of watching my team go waste our lives by killing themselves with firebolts and getting KOed, while I die once and realize all our freaking lives are gone.
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Thieves are limited to only 2 invisibility potions, so I don't see why guards can't be limited in some supplies too.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
            even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
            of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
              Thieves are limited to only 2 invisibility potions, so I don't see why guards can't be limited in some supplies too.

That was one of my arguments in another post.
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

I seriously think we might need a 1.3.1, or we're going to be losing a lot of players...
                The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                  Originally posted by Taffergirl

That was one of my arguments in another post.
                  Why dont you brag curunir?!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                    I seriously think we might need a 1.3.1, or we're going to be losing a lot of players...
                    Alright this is the LAST time I'm posting this. The dev's have given the admins a lot of options for the servers. Here are a few:

Guards are (not) frobbable to wake up
                    Guards are (not) woke up after a certain amount of time
                    Guards are automatically woke up after XX minutes
                    Guards can never be woke up

I haven't even checked out the ThiefMatch options yet. Basically we have the freedom to change the settings to try and make things balanced. The server also keeps track of Theif and Guard wins automatically to make this easier on the admins.

Some of the server admins are already discussing these settings and we're trying to agree on settings. Kinda like in 1.2 there were practically no servers that ran with maps at the default time (except for the RLF )

LR and I are commited to running a server where both teams have a fair chance of winning. We will tweak settings to achieve this. Basically it boils down to wins/losses over a extended period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
                      (except for the RLF )
                      One of the two reasons I'm rarely on that server, 20 minutes is too short. ^_^ Gerb, you really should get around to changing that.
                      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                        One of the two reasons I'm rarely on that server, 20 minutes is too short. ^_^ Gerb, you really should get around to changing that.
                        You can do it, DB, if you have webadmin access to that server.

That said, I don't think a limit on the number of fire bolts in a loadout is going to make much difference. They'll just be used up, and then come back later in a respawn with even more.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          That said, I don't think a limit on the number of fire bolts in a loadout is going to make much difference. They'll just be used up, and then come back later in a respawn with even more.
                          Guards only get a fresh loadout if thieves KO them. Once they use up their firebolts, they have no inventory -- if they aren't KOed, they're crippled.
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                            Alright this is the LAST time I'm posting this. The dev's have given the admins a lot of options for the servers. Here are a few:

I dont think this is the main problem as to why CD wants a 1.31. I personally don't see any problem with Guards coming back, which is why I recommended this feature be implemented to begin with....guards waking up is just a way to avoid total DM games and forces the thieves to go for objectives. KO as many guards as you can and while they are asleep or away, get to work on the objectives because you know the guards will be waking up soon. It gets people moving and not taking 50 minutes to get the objectives in maps. And even if you go sit in the corner for 15 minutes and all the guards come back.. well then just pretend that you just started the game. Don't count on thief lives in the pool.... get good enough to make it with one life.. if you die..well then you die.. but you learn to get better too. The big problem is that people dislike the Genius AI shooting them in impossible situations.... as long as the server is changed.... this should be a non-issue. The real problems and reasons we need 1.31 is in the bug list. Things like the water-stutter bug are major issues that need to be resolved. This AI thing was a bug until we found a way to counter it...lower the intelligence level.
                            Dont set the server to turn off waking guards and other 'FEATURES' of the game.... maybe they shouldn't get a load out....that would make things more fair... but even still.. If we start a single player game against the full list of guards...its still the same thing. The real problem is that as more people join the server..they all can become guards.. so towards the end of the game you have like 7 human guards against the remaining thief. That makes it more challenging for the thief so that is a good thing, however in this game.. balance is key... perhaps there should be a change that allows no more new joiners to join the guard team when down to the last thief....even though there are extra guard lives available.. these lives will be good only for the guards currently playing.

Comment

Let's see if I get this... Guards can be configured to be unable to be woken up before a certain amount of time has passed? Does it show a timer or something when you frob the body?

How exactly does this work? Guards can frob the AI, but instead of waking them up, they pick them up?

If this is so, this could be the answer to all our problems. Just set the AI that they can't be woken up the first 3-5 minutes after they've been KO'd, and set their auto wakeup time to 8 minutes or so. That'll limit the guards running back to the spot where they got KO'd with a firebolt loadout, waking up their AI along the way.

Guards could still go back to rescue their AI, but they can only take them back to their 'fortress' to make sure the thieves don't hide them before they can be woken up.

Thieves could still win by blackjack whoring, but it'll be far less effective, because they have to do it in 3-8 minutes after they KO'd the first guard. And guards can still wake up their AI, but not the insane way they can now.

Comment

Working...
                              X