Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Ok, i just can't find it (th-spiders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ok, i just can't find it (th-spiders)

Mr. K. posted this:
    Been trying and trying and i know there's one, but i couldn't find any way into the apartments without getting the key. Coming in from the storage yard down there doesn't work as they are too high. There's no way to open the crate in the vent above the one that goes to the apartments, and no secret doors i could find. Also, no passage from inside the fireplace (which, by the way, doesn't burn you). This has been bugging me for weeks. What's the other way in?
    You need a certain inventory item to do it. I've done it a few times, and that's all I'm going to say.

It might be doable, but ... the only posible way i can think of, is let the ai open the door for you. Maby crack him, so he would run to the door, or somehting like that.
    You can't just creep into those vents, and then go up. It's too high for it.
    Hmm, maby i am missing something ... but i dont mind.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I mean a way in without opening the doors (no AI bumping or keys). Joel said there's none.

Comment

We tried the vents with 2 people and no luck... maybe 3?
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

2 people is not enough? I though it would be.

Comment

Two people might work if both of them are standing up...I haven't tried this myself...

Comment

No, two people standing won't work either. Dork and I tried it out, and there's some sort of effect perhaps caused by the size of the vent opening that won't let you mantle into it. You probably could succeed if you could get enough people in there that the thief on top would be crouching on their heads level with the opening and could sidle over. This would take at least 3 thieves, and I'm not sure you can fit in more than two. It's worth a try though!
              {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
              Contact details updated
              I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

I don't really think it works.
                BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Well, seems the only way in is through the doors. If the guards camp half decently and at least 1 human player stays there, i think it's impossible to make it out alive. And getting the keys is hard enough. The one in the apartments opposite to the grail is almost impossible to get if they are camping, as they'll see you pick the door open and then you are toasted. The one in the barracks has more chances, but if they camp there well it's a difficult one. A flashbomb and invis should help, and have 1 speed ready to get out of there. Beware of mines and caltrops.

Joel mentioned two other keys, but i don't know where to find them.

Comment

hehe not saying a word
                    Once again DhaThief hotline can give you what you need but for a fee of 99$ / min call me at 555-1234.
                    [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

This just discovered...you can get into the apartments through the vents without going through the doors at all!!
                      All you need is 1 vine arrow...and 3 thieves...it takes a little time to get everyone positioned just right but it can be done

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky
                        This just discovered...you can get into the apartments through the vents without going through the doors at all!!
                        All you need is 1 vine arrow...and 3 thieves...it takes a little time to get everyone positioned just right but it can be done
                        SHHHH! Don't make it so obvious, you're giving too much away.

(And if I remember correctly, it can be done with as few as two thieves.)

Comment

It's not good to keep those things to yourself. Thieves already have a hard enough time on that map.
                          I guess you mean the rope arrow to go inside the vents by climbing below the bridge. But you can climb in the vents from the crates too. Then mantling on top of your comrades i guess. Will have to try it.

Comment

I tried it with two thieves and it does not work. When the two thieves are both standing the thief on the top can reach the ledge but he can't crouch jump into the upper level vent.

Comment

Mind explaining yourselves then? This would really help a lot of people that feel frustrated in a part of a map that is otherwise very enjoyable (and personally one of my favourites).

Comment

Working...
                              X