Thief Match.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief Match.

Not exactly the most fun ive had, or what I would expect of a thief game mode.

Most of the people on the servers play it like a quake 2, 3 deathmatch, which kinda defeats the purpose of being a thief, in all respect.

Hoping any future tune up on this mode include something to prevent a thief from thinking he is a guard. Never used a sword in either of the 2 Thief games.
    Don't yell Thief. Yell Assassin instead!

Originally posted by Jaegar
    Not exactly the most fun ive had, or what I would expect of a thief game mode.

Most of the people on the servers play it like a quake 2, 3 deathmatch, which kinda defeats the purpose of being a thief, in all respect.

Hoping any future tune up on this mode include something to prevent a thief from thinking he is a guard. Never used a sword in either of the 2 Thief games.
    OMG DM THIEF!!!!11

Comment

Im gonna put an arrow right between your eyes

Comment

Never used a sword in either of the 2 Thief games.

OMG! How'd you take out the Zombies and Haunts and Ratmen and Bugmen!!!

Sword in Thief Gold = teh 1337 wepun
        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
        "Dream is Destiny"
        Waking Life

Comment

The first few rounds of 1.3 TM I played were great, even though I lost a lot and generally fumbled around.
          On the blackjack experience (Lurox's server) today things started going wrong - People got loadouts mainly of explosive arrows with a few cracks and potions.

This. Sucks.

It basically turns it into RocketArena UT, secondary (grenades) only, with the Thievery Mutator that makes you invis in shadows.

It doesnt even work well - most of the time the opponent gets away with less than 1/2 health lost or BOTH thieves die (From fire or from AI) - So I hope it dies off quickly.

I'd like to see some zero-loot servers where you have to earn everything besides the default equipment.
          M-M-M-M-MONSTER BLACKJACK... jack... jack... jack...

Comment

Wah , I find the new Thiefmatch hilarious. Only sad thing being firespamming (meh... thieves firespam the same way guards do) else it's endless fun. Much strategy involved here , everyone has to kill the others but at the same time stay hidden as much as possible (the radar gets rid of campers)
            It's fun to see flare battles under the suspicious eye of genius AIs (first to be revealed is pincushionned !) and when no witness is near , thieves end their arguments in a loyal (or not) swordfight.
            Nastier thieves can now buy traps to catch their foes... so mines , caltrops and whistlers are used even in Thiefmatch.

Comment

Yup I've heard ThiefMatch described as "DM thieving, except thieves DM each other too". This is why I've never tried it, nor do I plan to.

When I wanna DM, I play Battlefield 1942. When I want a game that requires more strategy, intelligence, and cleverness, I play TUT Thieves vs. Guards. I haven't played Battlefield 1942 in several weeks now..

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy
                Yup I've heard ThiefMatch described as "DM thieving, except thieves DM each other too". This is why I've never tried it, nor do I plan to.

When I wanna DM, I play Battlefield 1942. When I want a game that requires more strategy, intelligence, and cleverness, I play TUT Thieves vs. Guards. I haven't played Battlefield 1942 in several weeks now..
                Even if Thiefmatch still looks wacky , it has a good level of strategy nonetheless. Looting is as important as killing , and guards have an important role here. You just can't give them orders , just lure them and hope they pick on your foes. Also , flaring , cracking or flamming yourself can cause your death in no time. The keys have a new role here - it's important to lock doors to not get backstabbed ; if you have extra keys it's good to drop them in secret places (much like you hide invis in 1.2) or even create a safe haven where you pile the loads of potions you found.
                As it's LMS , it's important to refill your drop count frequently by finding food or health potions. That's the first item you'd want to buy using the stolen loot.
                Then you can complete your starting loadout... or become a tank on legs buying the whole inventory when you find the Lyre

Comment

Pull the stick out of your ass and it becomes fun. :grin:
                  (AKA Dresden)
                  Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

The Radar spoils theifmatch in my opinion, all it results in is a sword happy or firespammer slashing or spamming at your approx location to flush you out. I mean you hidden from sight, you not suppose to be seen.

And wtf is a radar doing in the mode anyway, if its going to be in this mode at all, it should be something that is bought for maybe 800 loot, and not something you start off with, so basically it gives you insentive to actually work to get it, plus your not so prone to loading out with firearrows if you want to basically afford it.

Its not hard to see a thief running over the rooftops, you can see them come partially visable, so this gives you a rough idea of where they are and wher they might be going.

As for the DMing, perhaps a twink to the mode to encourage less DMing and more looting, say every 2-3 minutes, if you dont loot something that adds to your loot counter of over like 100, you loose a life and your loadout. Thiefs steal afterall. And you wont be running around just killing everyone because more than likely they have nothing coz they've just recently been smacked before.

Comment

A twink?

Comment

Jaeger don't you get it?
                        It's LMS(LastManStanding) with the ability to completely hide
                        everywhere where it's dark.
                        The radar is a must to get campers.

Glad Stak that you enjoy it as much and discovered all the depth to it.
                        And Tieom? WTF? I thought you liked it as well.
                        AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                        Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

I'd rather have the option of winning by reaching a loot limit than having that radar thingy. Reach so and so much loot, then go to exit zone (and there's few maps without exit zones ATM). That way campers get naught (but for spawnloot maybe), and they can't always wait for all the other thieves to DM each other.

To play thiefmatch you'd better lern some new sneaking skills though, as you never know what eyes might be watching. Remember, practice makes perfect.
                          ]V[]V[

Comment

You can't sneak with a Radar.

And as for Last Man Standing, This isnt Quake 3 or Unreal Tourney, its Thief, and Thiefmatch wouldn't be about being the last thief standing up. Its about Stealing man. LMS is a Weak Arguement if you ask me, and defineterly not associated with a Game of this type.

Comment

LMS is a Weak Arguement if you ask me, and defineterly not associated with a Game of this type.
                              Actually, it IS associated with a game of this type, namely, THIS GAME itself.

However, no one is requiring of you that you play ThiefMatch. Feel free to ignore the gametype if it doesn't appeal to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X