Your thoughts on 1.3 maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on 1.3 maps

Quite a fair deal of things have been discussed about 1.3. My personal feelings are that the game plays very nice but somehow the settings favour guards much and would have to be tweaked. Tweaked, not radically changed.

Anyways, i'd like to know your thoughts on the map changes and the new maps. Whereas gameplay changes have mainly favoured guards (and helped creative thieving with those orbs (which i don't think i'll ever use, but that's just me) and vine arrows), i think that the maps have been changed to help thieves, and that they've gotten nice care and attention, making them much more balanced (just as maps, not counting AI or other gameplay settings) and fun.

I'm sure the devs and mappers would appretiate any ideas/comments you might have on this topic.

Originally posted by Mr.K.
    Quite a fair deal of things have been discussed about 1.3. My personal feelings are that the game plays very nice
    you apparently havent played enuff.

Originally posted by Mr.K.
    Anyways, i'd like to know your thoughts on the map changes and the new maps. Whereas gameplay changes have mainly favoured guards (and helped creative thieving with those orbs (which i don't think i'll ever use, but that's just me) and vine arrows), i think that the maps have been changed to help thieves, and that they've gotten nice care and attention, making them much more balanced (just as maps, not counting AI or other gameplay settings) and fun.

I'm sure the devs and mappers would appretiate any ideas/comments you might have on this topic.

I personally dont think that we can judge new maps on how balanced they are as far as game play, since none of us can get past the Super AI bug. That alone makes the game unchallenged and less focus on the level balance and skill, more focus on whining, and KOing enuff guards to finally take a shot at the objectives. From what we've seen over the past 2 days, the patch has a lot of great potential, but the AI issue is too much of a show-stopper problem that no one can even fully see the rest of the improvements. So until those are fixed... map balance will still be questionable. The new maps are cool looking, and I do eventually look forward to them being part of the lovely lineup we have now.

Comment

Working...
    X