• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess Meinkraft is just more fun? :p
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

• We could start a game with the old version before the new wave. Somewhere cold for the new year.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

• Yeah, I think I could live with that!

Minecraft is probably less 'fun' but it's a whole lot more accessible. The new additions to DF have just pushed it past the point where I want to play because I have to have so much going on in the back of my head concerning my infrastructure that if I don't play at least an hour a day I can't be bothered working out everything again next time I pick it up. I know it's been said ad infinitum but what that game really needs next is an interface overhaul (not necessarily graphics although that would be nice too!) and not more and more intricate combat mechanics.
        One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -
        The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

• I guess I should have mentioned I'm somewhat of a novice player, started playing a few months ago, but I'm kinda used to this version's military system (I don't understand it completely, but I get by), but I'm sure I could very quickly learn the old one as long as it isn't too intricate.

Plus being me being a newcomer may make things disastrous more fun. Shall we make a list of players? I like the idea of an artic embark too, should be interesting.
          >Thievery Stealth<

Comment

• The old version's military system consisted primarily of "Everyone go there now," and "Try not to kill each other during training."
            Based on a true story.
            The prequel.

Comment

• Make a fortress in a region with Terrifying alignment.

Comment

• I'm not sure if I can handle all that loose stone in the corridors again, but it would be fun to watch.
                Kept an xmas avatar for 3 year(s).

Comment

• I agree with Salsa here; terrifying ocean biomes for beached zombie whales.

Also, I'd like it on the record that the game ended because I sneakily griefed it during the following player's turn.

I just started playing again, but rage quit after the healthcare and water source bugs being still present and PEOPLE DYING because of it. That's more Fun than I can handle.

And I'd vote for new version.

Comment

• Yeah, hospitals are a pain to supply. Not to mention they take like a year to desinfect and sew a single, tiny leg wound, while the blind guy who's got his guts all over the floor, broken ribs and missing fingers gets left in agony.

Guess I need more healthcare dwarves. Ah, and I also vote for the new version, if it matters.
                    >Thievery Stealth<

Comment

• Well, I think we have enough interest. Let's get more votes on version, then start a new thread for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X