**MapVote On CTG Server**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **MapVote On CTG Server**

This maybe more appropriate for other forums but because of how many players play on our server I think it's probably best here.

I've installed BDB's MapVote on the CTG server. This means at the end of every round players vote on what the next map will be. It also means players have to download the file to connect to the server or already have it.

I recommend downloading it here as it will prevent you from having to download it ever again. When you download it from the server it puts it in a cache. That cache is automatically cleared out every 30 days if I remember correctly. This means you'll have to download it every 30 days. If you download it here and put it in the System folder you can forget about it.

Well here is the link to the file you need. It's only 269KB http://members.accesstoledo.com/chad...dbmapvote302.u
    Put this file in your Unreal Tournament\System folder. This file won't affect anything. It's only used when you connect to a server running mapvote.

If you have any problems with mapvote please contact me with the info in my profile or respond here.

\o/

Comment

it r good. I r playtested it for a while.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
        That cache is automatically cleared out every 30 days if I remember correctly. This means you'll have to download it every 30 days. If you download it here and put it in the System folder you can forget about it.
        I disagree. If it hasn't been USED for 30 days it will delete. So not everything gets deleted. Though .. it's still better to download it from the link

-------------

Anyways, yeah i know the mapvote from other games .... and meh, IMO it doesn't really fit in thievery. But that's me.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

wanna tell the rest of us admins how to put it on?
          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
            I disagree. If it hasn't been USED for 30 days it will delete. So not everything gets deleted. Though .. it's still better to download it from the link
            Phae's right here. The cache is only cleared of cached files that haven't been USED in however many days the cache clearing is set to. And still, better just to DL it and put it in the appropriate folder.

Anyways, yeah i know the mapvote from other games .... and meh, IMO it doesn't really fit in thievery. But that's me.
            But I'm afraid Phae has something up his arse here. Why doesn't it "fit" Thievery? It's not a matter of not being "thiefy" enough, or not fitting the setting, because it only affects the non-play portions of the game. Sorry, Phae, but giving players a little more control over what maps they play is a good thing, and I'll bet you'll find most players agree. I just don't understand your objection to it.

Originally posted by DarkProject
            wanna tell the rest of us admins how to put it on?
            Nope. CTG secret.

Seriously, though, post your question in the admin's forum.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat

But I'm afraid Phae has something up his arse here. Why doesn't it "fit" Thievery? It's not a matter of not being "thiefy" enough, or not fitting the setting, because it only affects the non-play portions of the game. Sorry, Phae, but giving players a little more control over what maps they play is a good thing, and I'll bet you'll find most players agree. I just don't understand your objection to it.
              Did i say anything close to not wanting it? Or saying it couldn't be usefull?
              I only said it's not really thievery like. It just doesn't fit in. That's an opinion i have
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Well, Phae, think of it this way. It is thief-ish in the fact that the "thieves" (you, me, etc) get to decide which location to hit next, instead of just winding up in the same endless rotation. Thieves guild goes with the gold and often against the flow. Thiefish, it is, to me
                *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
                *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

haaha i already have it, i play UT
                  An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

I'm sorry I stand corrected regarding the cache. It's still better to download here though because the download will go much quicker. From my experience it can take about 3-5 mins to download through the server. From here it takes me 4 seconds.

Phae you're in the minority from my experience so far. Players seem to like the freedom to choose what the next map will be. In other words.... I DISAGREE

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
                      I'm sorry I stand corrected regarding the cache. It's still better to download here though because the download will go much quicker. From my experience it can take about 3-5 mins to download through the server. From here it takes me 4 seconds.

Phae you're in the minority from my experience so far. Players seem to like the freedom to choose what the next map will be. In other words.... I DISAGREE
                      no, I disagree. Downloading somehting like that doesn't take 4 minutes. More like .... 1 minute :/

and do i need to repeat myself? It's not that i hate the thing .. or do not want it on the server. It's just that it's doesn't FIT in thievery imo.

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

and do i need to repeat myself? It's not that i hate the thing .. or do not want it on the server. It's just that it's doesn't FIT in thievery imo.
                        I still don't see how it doesn't "fit". Perhaps it seems incongruous to you, because there was no such thing in Thief, but in Thievery there's no developing storyline that requires maps be played in a specific order. One might as well say that a server admin's ability to change the order of the map rotation "doesn't fit".

In any event, you'll need to be more explicit if you expect anyone to understand what you mean.

Comment

Yea phae..u r a gimp on this one... Its a map vote..its not like it has any non-thievery parts to it, nor does it change the game play.

Shockrifle does not fit in Thievery = TRUE
                          but mapvote isnt some time lined weapon or item. Its between levels. its like saying loading Thief from a CD doesn't fit into Thief.

Only thing that needs to be changed is the Sound effect after you close it. Its UT sound does not fit.

Comment

I think Phae's just trying to annoy you.

The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                              I think Phae's just trying to annoy you.
                              I think he's succeeding... :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X