A note from me to the devs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note from me to the devs.

Thank you. I've been playing this mod since about a week after release (it took me that long to find UT), and since then it's been the only game I have played consistantly or taken seriously. My friends rave about Tekken 4 and Splinter Cell, but I have an infinitely better time playing this mod, which I payed absolutely nothing for. You guys have poured your hearts and souls into this project, and it shows. Not only that, you put up with all the bitching and whining of the players (myself included), even implementing the more sensible of the ideas. While I was somewhat skeptical when 1.3 first arrived (due to the balance issues), I see that you have left more than enough room for the admins to fine-tune. For that, I thank you above all else.
    You guys are fantastic.

Ditto on all points. You devs are great! Have you all put this mod on your resume? What the heck do you guys do for jobs? I can see Joel programming Smart Bombs for the U.S. government

(Occam, kissing up won't make 1.4 come out sooner. )
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Some store clerk keeps raving about Splinter Cell.

I don't know what it's all about, other than it's kind of like Thief, but that's all moot since I don't have the money for any new games anyway.
      "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Taffergirl;

http://www.kazaalite.com

Download it.

:grin:

(Careful though, lots of viruses on kazaa, make sure you always have an updated virus scanner running)
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          Taffergirl;

http://www.kazaalite.com

Download it.

:grin:

(Careful though, lots of viruses on kazaa, make sure you always have an updated virus scanner running)
          *AIM Session Started*
          CrouchingDork: Grank I got a virus from Kazaa and my system is all fucked up! HELP!
          Grank: Did you scan the file with a virus checker before you opened it?
          CrouchingDork: No :'(
          Grank: LMFAO
          Grank: ALWAYS scan any programs you download from file sharing programs.

Lesson learned CD?

Comment

First off, it was ICQ. Second off, I didn't say fuck. Third, I hate you.

Fourth, my AV program wasn't running for some reason... damn sisters....

Comment

fifth, haha you got a virus
              *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
              *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

lol n00b :wink:
                JM

Comment

Hey, n00bs don't delete it from the registry, system volume information folder (2000+ of them), and kill it from memory.

Again, my sisters fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                    Ditto on all points. You devs are great! Have you all put this mod on your resume? What the heck do you guys do for jobs? I can see Joel programming Smart Bombs for the U.S. government

Cough Cough *A smart bomb hit an oil refinery in IRAN, about 100 km away from the battlefield*

Comment

Fear me!

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                        Originally posted by Buho

Cough Cough *A smart bomb hit an oil refinery in IRAN, about 100 km away from the battlefield*
                        See! They need him!

Comment

Nothing to add to Occam's note - I feel and do the same.
                          The only game I have installed is ThieveryUT, I'm not interested in any other games atm (except from Thief 1, 2 FM's). You've done a great job, and I know you will keep it up!

Comment

Nothing from me to add either,

I have many games installed, but I play only one....

Thievery.

Its the only game that has engrosed me so much, and for so long. There's always a new challenge, and the buzz you get from winning is unmatchable.
                            ~TuF~

Comment

not to mention-- you get to steal mad lewt.

oh. and splinter cell (i have the XBOX version) is like a third-person Thief. it wants to be Thief 3, except it's not. it wants to have real light-sourcing, except it doesn't. the lights? all setpieces. and it makes clever use of shaders, making (almost) everything look kind of spiffy. kind of.
                              Gotta knock a little harder
                              Break through the door
                              --Cowboy Bepop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door OST signed by Yoko Kanno *heart*

Comment

Working...
                              X