Elp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elp!

I am truley a newb. I just installed UT:GOTYE and have no idea how to run the MOD for thievery, if anyone could help, and not mislead me because of my newbieness, it would be greatly apreciated.

Download the thievery mod, then the 1.3 patch from here.

Then just run the mod installer, then the patch installer, and viola, you're all set!

EDIT: if you've already got it installed and you're not sure what to do, thievery mod creates it's own exe so there's no opening UT then changing to the mod or anything like that. Once it's installed there should be an icon on your desktop and in your start menu.

Comment

Viola? What's that? :?

Isn't it VOILA?

I think you will also need to download the 1.2 patch, Nieves. :wink:
      JM

Comment

har har fine so I misspelled it.

Comment

Really? Oh cool, *downloads 1.2 patch* :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
            har har fine so I misspelled it.

Ummm....I dont think so.

Then again.....Its an "F" word so who knows.
            Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
              It's a stringed instrument similar to a violin.
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                It's a member of the stringed family of instruments, played with a bow, and larger than a violin, yet smaller than a violoncello. Really, what DO they teach you up there in the great white north?

Originally posted by Nieves
                I am truley a newb. I just installed UT:GOTYE and have no idea how to run the MOD for thievery, if anyone could help, and not mislead me because of my newbieness, it would be greatly apreciated.
                Install UT and patch to the 436 version (or install UT:GOTYE - you may want to run the 436 patch anyway, some people with just GOTYE have reported some problems that have gone away after running the 436 patch). Play a couple rounds of UT to make sure it's working properly. Then run the Thievery1.0 beta install, the 1.2 patch install, then the 1.3 patch install. As mentioned, Thievery runs from a different executable, so you're basically in a different game. There's no switching to Thievery from inside UT.

See you in the servers!

Comment

uhhh yeah, exactly. by viola i meant play yourself some nice classical music when you are finished with the install.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    Install UT and patch to the 436 version (or install UT:GOTYE - you may want to run the 436 patch anyway, some people with just GOTYE have reported some problems that have gone away after running the 436 patch)
                    UT GOTYE can be either 432 or 436. Make sure you do install the 436 patch.
                    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                      UT GOTYE can be either 432 or 436. Make sure you do install the 436 patch.
                      Aha. Well, there you go then.

Comment

ooooooooooo what a lucky maaaaaaan he waaaas....
                        I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                          ooooooooooo what a lucky maaaaaaan he waaaas....
                          Are you drunk lately? You don't seem angry. And you forgot a capital on that "oooooooooooo".

The only constant is change.
                          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                          X