Sword Thieves and AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sword Thieves and AI

I know several of you are aware of this, but I thought I'd share it with the community.

A thief can kill an AI guard from behind with a sword almost instantly.
    Strike with 1 fully cocked hit followed by a normal hit. They are dead before they turn around.

8)
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

But, people, there is a FREE weapon that kills INSTANTLY, and the AI doesn't drop any blood, doesn't turn around and doesn't alarm the other guards. It's called the blackjack. So now do me a favor and don't listen to the Gerbil.
    JM

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
      I know several of you are aware of this, but I thought I'd share it with the community.

Strike with 1 fully cocked hit followed by a normal hit. They are dead before they turn around.

8)
      That's for an unaware guard yes, as soon as the guard is even the slightest bit alerted, just one sound suffices, you can't pull that trick anymore.

And by the way, I do not kill AI's that way, I found a far better method.

Comment

I thought backstab on unaware AI meant instant kill like a broadhead arrow...
        anyway good point here , if the BJ becomes optional thieves may always try catfall + sword to murder guards. The water arrows don't always wash the blood though.

Comment

i never tried to wash the blood with water arrows in TUT..... i'm guessing it doesn't work?
          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Watering blood does NOT work.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
              Watering blood does NOT work.
              Umm, yes it does.

Comment

If you say so, but I was watching the last thief doing Darkened Enlightment, and looking pretty hopeless (lots of Human Guards and AI left) so I shouted out for him to try watering a bloodspot. Creak, twang, splash, nothing.

Comment

8)
                  Allow me...

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                    Allow me...
                    I'm crushing your head!

BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

If you say so, but I was watching the last thief doing Darkened Enlightment, and looking pretty hopeless (lots of Human Guards and AI left) so I shouted out for him to try watering a bloodspot. Creak, twang, splash, nothing.
                      Only thing I can think then is that he missed. I've washed bloodspots away with water arrows before, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        Only thing I can think then is that he missed. I've washed bloodspots away with water arrows before, no problem.
                        I'm gonna take a HUGE shot (and likely miss) into the dark and wonder if there is a difference between thief blood and guard blood.
                        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Thief blood is thicker than guard blood.
                          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

I'm gonna take a HUGE shot (and likely miss) into the dark and wonder if there is a difference between thief blood and guard blood.
                            Haven't actually tested that. I don't see that it should make a difference, they use the same decals. Still, it'd be worth checking out.

Comment

AHHH!
                              What is with that flapper hat???
                              ~

Comment

Working...
                              X