Petition - Timed AI auto wakeup elimination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition - Timed AI auto wakeup elimination

Ok, when i first started playing 1.3 with the auto AI wakeup it really annoyed me but i was told that supposedly i would be improving over a period of time. 2 weeks from the time i started playing 1.3 and i still feel like a damn noob, i don't think i have won a single game as a thief where i have been able to play an active role in winning. This is a problem for me, and aparently a few others, I can't go on playing a game, losing every match, and continue to have fun, it just doesn't work out for me.

The main problem i have with the new 1.3 patch is the AI waking up after a set time period. I think this is rather unfair seeing that a ko'd guard elimination does not matter. I know people have said, "well kill them!". The truth is that with each arrow costing 20 loot and a starting off with 4, you can't really eliminate more than 1 or 2, especially when sniping isn't really your thing (like me). I do like the idea of frob wakups by other guards, i think that is really cool an inovative but i think that having them wakeup on their own is a little over the edge.

Thus, i have created this post for those of you who don't like the auto wakup to be able to post and protest, and hopefully get the servers to shut that off. You can vote on the poll and feel free to post here and protest this petition or agree with it.

I am the first, i do not like the auto wakeup, and i am requesting that you server admins please turn it off, it really is making the game seem unfair for me at least.

Timmy
    Ai's should NOT wakeup automatically
    0.00%
    Ai's SHOULD wake up automatically
    100.00%
    Lower the wakeup time
    0.00%
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

You're not the first, a lot of others feel the same way.

Don't worry man, it just came out, things will change eventually, once the admins figure out whats best.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Make it 10-15 minutes, so at least it has an effect on gameplay and truly makes hiding bodies worthwhile, while at the same time not eliminating th guards for the whole game if players can't find em.
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

10-15 still isn't worth it in a 40 minute game.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

nice petition Timmy.

Lets see how many Uber-Rambo Guards that were totally rubbish at playing in 1.2 or countering circle-strafe or AI eliminating Thieves vote that the current balance in the game is fair.

I don't want to see unstealthy DM thieves in the game,and I do like the idea of Guards being able to fob-revive their fallen Uber-AI(though I think it could be better implemented with smelling salts that had to be buyable from a Guards load out and took a bit of time to work-like the Thieves lock picks do to throw a bit of Jeapody/reward ratio into the Guards gameplay)

The auto-revival wake up is ok for single player mode games but just doesn't work in online games where human Guards get unlimited loadouts.

It just plainly sux big time.

Comment

I'd at least like a checkbox in my prefs to turn it on or off. And maybe a text box to change the KO duration if it's turned on.

That would be much nicer than having to mess with my ThieveryMod.ini file to extend the "AwakenTime" from 300 to 900000 to turn it off for my offline single player games.

Then it would also be cool if the server info for online games would say if it was on or off and what the KO time was. That way people could choose to play on servers that provide the kind of game they're into.

~Spook
            I stood among them, but not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts.
            ~ Lord Byron

Comment

would be kinda cool if you could steal the smelling salts and use them on a "dead" thief so you could gain back a life....
              An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

That's one of the most stupid thing you ever said, Assassin.
                JM

Comment

I say that AI should wake up after 3 or 4 minutes instead of five - BUT they cannot be frob-woken.
                  Also, have KOd bodies take damage from the environment - fireplaces, falls, drowning, etc. But NOT weapons. Have this count as a Kill for the last person who picked up the body.
                  M-M-M-M-MONSTER BLACKJACK... jack... jack... jack...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Spook
                    That would be much nicer than having to mess with my ThieveryMod.ini file to extend the "AwakenTime" from 300 to 900000 to turn it off for my offline single player games.
                    You don't have to go through all that. In the .ini file, right where the awaken time is, there's also a setting for guards awakening at all. Just change it to "False".

Comment

I do like the idea of Guards being able to fob-revive their fallen Uber-AI(though I think it could be better implemented with smelling salts that had to be buyable from a Guards load out
                      That would be PERFECT! That would balance the hell out of things! They'd have to make it visible if a guard's been killed or just unconsious though.
                      http://www.insult2injury.org
                      -end of transmission-

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        You don't have to go through all that. In the .ini file, right where the awaken time is, there's also a setting for guards awakening at all. Just change it to "False".
                        Ah. Nice. I'll do that. Thanx for the info.

Will the AI guards still be able to wake them up if they find them, though? I do like the idea of a found guard being able to be awakened.

~Spook
                        I stood among them, but not of them, in a shroud of thoughts which were not their thoughts.
                        ~ Lord Byron

Comment

Will the AI guards still be able to wake them up if they find them, though? I do like the idea of a found guard being able to be awakened.
                          AI guards are not able to awaken KO'd guards under any circumstances. If, in single player, you want the guards waking up, you have to do it by time limit.

Comment

AI guards waking up KOd guards = great idea

AI wakeup by themselves = bad

IMO, the minimum wakeup time for a guard should be 20 minutes, but I'd really be happy with 30. Go with the frob only. I must say too, I was more than surprised to see the results so far in this thread.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Servers Set to No Auto Wakeup = Gerbil Leaving Thievery
                              "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Working...
                              X