Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible wakeup fix.

When a guard gets KO'd:

He can't be woken up the first 5 minutes after he's been KO'd.
    He automattically wakes up after 10 minutes.

As far as I know, these can all be done by adjusting server settings. It sounds fairly balanced to me, but feel free to point out anything I might have forgotten.

This would give DM thieves at least 5 minutes to DM a game (yay, folly is gonna suck now) which can be extended to 10 minutes when the bodies aren't found.

I'd like to see this tried out on a public server, to see how it effects the balance.
    Feel free to comment.

Auto-wakeup should be 15.

10 minutes is enough to do a mind-boggling feat, and escape from the house on Grange, just to be shot down by the AI outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary

10 minutes is enough to do a mind-boggling feat, and escape from the house on Grange, just to be shot down by the AI outside.
      Wait a minute, you KO a guard outside because you are going inside? Something is wrong with that.

What does the guard KO outside have to do with you looting inside?

Also, most games barely last over 15 minutes. You might as well just disable it alltogether (no, that is not an option).

Comment

I agree with the 10 minute auto-wakeup thing, but the humans should always be able to wake up the ai. Maybe make the ai take 30 seconds or a minute to wake up after being frobbed, instead of an instant wake up.
        *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
        *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

10mins sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Tankazz
            I agree with the 10 minute auto-wakeup thing, but the humans should always be able to wake up the ai. Maybe make the ai take 30 seconds or a minute to wake up after being frobbed, instead of an instant wake up.
            That sounds good too, but I don't think it's configurable in the serbver settings.

(Woke up guards could act as if they were flashed "ohhh, can't see a thing...")

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-

Wait a minute, you KO a guard outside because you are going inside? Something is wrong with that.

What does the guard KO outside have to do with you looting inside?

Also, most games barely last over 15 minutes. You might as well just disable it alltogether (no, that is not an option).
              How are you supposed to play door games with the guards, with the intent of creating a distraction, when there is an AI patrolling outside, eh?

Comment

Tco had 10 limit on for a long time, just the major server's have it set to 5 minutes.

Comment

Virus:

That is an interesting suggestion, although, as a member of the RLF you are not allowed to suggest things that might help that thief team.

It sullies our reputation.
                  "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                    Virus:

That is an interesting suggestion, although, as a member of the RLF you are not allowed to suggest things that might help that thief team.

It sullies our reputation.
                    LOL, I just get sick of all the bitching.

Comment

How are you supposed to play door games with the guards, with the intent of creating a distraction, when there is an AI patrolling outside, eh?
                      I still don't get it.
                      If you wan't to create a distraction, try and KO the patrolling AI.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                        When a guard gets KO'd:

He can't be woken up the first 5 minutes after he's been KO'd.
                        He automattically wakes up after 10 minutes.

As far as I know, these can all be done by adjusting server settings. It sounds fairly balanced to me, but feel free to point out anything I might have forgotten.
                        This can't be done in the manner you suggest with server settings. The only way to prevent a guard from reawakening within the first five minutes is to turn of frob KO's. Once you've done that, the guard will automatically reawaken at whatever the time is set to.

It's a good idea, and I'd add it to the list of things to try, if it were possible.

Comment

cough , N+1th

Comment

Working...
                          X