Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New at this forum: just want to say hi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at this forum: just want to say hi...

and state that I have never played Thievery UT but am interested (I have always been a fan of the SP THIEF games, and am looking forward to the upcoming Ion Storm's 3rd sequel).

How much fun is this game?

Peace!

LOrdNUmsha
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "You're not the same.... I'm an American; you're a sick asshole."

i spend more time in the forums nowadays than actually playin tut.....but ya it's fun

welcome taffer
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Welcome!!

Don't ever take seriously anything you read here, it's all a big circus full of monkeys. (I am the best monkey!).

Have fun with the game!!

Comment

It's really a far cry from the single player games. Thievery will give you much more of a workout than Thief ever did.

Welcome to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          It's really a far cry from the single player games. Thievery will give you much more of a workout than Thief ever did.

Welcome to the game.

Yeah, thats a good way to put it. Its the same, yet different, and a lot of fun. Sometimes frustrating, but once you get to know the ins and outs, it is great.
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Hello.

Be good, play nice, have fun.

Comment

Cool....

Do you guys know if one can some kind of skirmish against bots in the game? I ask because I'd like to get acquinted with the basics of gameplay before entering a match with other, more experienced human players.
              LOrdNUmsha

Comment

you can play all the maps single player.
                I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Keep in mind a few things:

Flashbombs are the uber-weapon against bots.

Invisibility potions are the same against players.

Bots cheat. Plain and simple.

These bots can hear you from half the map.

These bots can detect you in perfect shadow.

These bots can see you when invisible.

Example: I drink an invisibility potion. I run across the room, with one bot in it.

The bot screams: What's zis?

The bot tags me with a bolt. Guards win.

At this moment, it's quite difficult for new players to play the game.

If you play thief, you will be massacared by the new godly bots.

If you play guard, not only will it bore you out of your mind, because all the thieves are killed by the bots, it will also teach you bad guarding tactics.

If you can get past that, this game is great.

Untill the super-AI tags you in the dark.

Comment

wow. regardless of your personal opinions, that has to be the single worst welcoming message i've ever read, Swiss. People say "OMG new players won't want to play" Well, of course not, when some fuckhead runs up to them first day in and go YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY BECAUSE THE GAMES ALL FUCKED UP YOU'RE GOING TO SUCK DON'T EVEN BOTHER!

christ.

Comment

Band?

Comment

no.

Comment

Yeah, maybe what i can do is play the maps with just one guard bot (set at lowest difficulty level/AI setting, assuming I can do that), to get an idea of the maps and weaponry. Or, maybe it would be just better to jump into a game with other experienced players, and get my butt kicked, pay my dues, then eventually figure things out, and then kick all your guys butts.

I've had a chance to look at the screenshots of the maps, and they look pretty damn sweet. Cool to see the Thief universe via the Unreal/UT engine.

Cool concept to say the least. And I hope that someone works on this mod for the UT2K3 engine sometime down the road. Or maybe ION Storm will implement MP into the next Thief (3) release.

Peace!
                          LOrdNUmsha

Comment

wow. regardless of your personal opinions, that has to be the single worst welcoming message i've ever read, Swiss
                            Thwark,Unfortunately what Swiss Mercenary says is true-I wish it wasn't.

There is very little to recommend in this game to newbies anymore due to the extremely inbalanced gameplay.

I'd say that the mod is still playable in single player-but for multiplayer-it just suks big time.

I hate having to say that cos prior to 1.3 I was recommending this mod to all my friends and now 1.3 with all of its imbalances has come out its made me feel like a turd for doing so....

Comment

Monkeys, i said,hehe. :grin:

Play single player with ALL the bots, but set their AI to stupid to start with. Increase it gradually when you feel comfortable so you're always feeling the pressure.

The comments by Swiss and Rob are for the hardest AI's, but hey! that's why they're the hardest!

Comment

Working...
                              X