Temptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temptation

On the rafters in Stronghold, shortly after being shadowslashed nearby...
    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
    Contact details updated
    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

8)
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
        *sigh* It should have been...

But these days it's just not worth it.
        {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
        Contact details updated

Comment

That is one UGLY screenshot.

Comment

From where does the blocky pattern in the darker parts originate?

Comment

Printscreen key with a graphics card with dodgy image quality (for example, all nVidia cards up to and including the GF4, especially in 16bit mode).
              If you look carefully at http://actsmiley.vectorstar.net/stl/ , you can see it there (bit harder to see because its darker and in red, but its there) - the shot was taken on a Geforce 3. Its harder to notice when the game is running, but still there, especially when gamma settings are cranked up.

Comment

Originally posted by act smiley
                Printscreen key with a graphics card with dodgy image quality (for example, all nVidia cards up to and including the GF4, especially in 16bit mode).
                If you look carefully at http://actsmiley.vectorstar.net/stl/ , you can see it there (bit harder to see because its darker and in red, but its there) - the shot was taken on a Geforce 3. Its harder to notice when the game is running, but still there, especially when gamma settings are cranked up.
                16 bit thievery looks like crap. Never play 16 bit.

Comment

And with low texture detail to?!
                  "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

LOL, speculation on the graphics card??

The shot is ugly because: I run at 640x480, with low geometry and texture detail, in 16 bit, and because I tweaked up the levels in photoshop because it was quite a dark background and otherwise you wouldn't have been able to see where the shot was taken.

I don't have a GeForce anything, I have a TNT2 Ultra, and yes...that sucks. Hopefully I will be able to improve this soon. As I've mentioned before, even with those low settings my machine still drops to single digit framerates in some locations or when there's heavy action (firebolting).
                    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                    Contact details updated

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
                      I don't have a GeForce anything, I have a TNT2 Ultra, and yes...that sucks. Hopefully I will be able to improve this soon. As I've mentioned before, even with those low settings my machine still drops to single digit framerates in some locations or when there's heavy action (firebolting).
                      Put your money into a faster CPU. It makes a bigger difference in Unreal engine games, and you'll see the performance boost in non-graphically related situations as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        Put your money into a faster CPU. It makes a bigger difference in Unreal engine games, and you'll see the performance boost in non-graphically related situations as well.
                        In general I would agree with you, but in this case a) that is a *really* crap video card if you want to play any current games, rather than just UT, which is a rather dated engine, and b) I intend to get a completely new system, as this whole system is old and crappy Having a spare second computer as a result will be a plus, since my stepson and wife will have an alternative when I take the main machine over hehehe.
                        {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                        Contact details updated

Comment

so close..i bet you can smell the panties
                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
                            Having a spare second computer as a result will be a plus, since my stepson and wife will have an alternative when I take the main machine over hehehe.
                            No, no, no!! You have it all wrong!

You turn the older machine into a server!!

Comment

I don't get it.

What's the temptation?
                              "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                              even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                              of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Working...
                              X