Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the server admins.

By now, everyone has adapted to 1.3.
    Most people know the new maps, and most people know what is what in 1.3.

I'm asking you to fix the servers now. If we have to do with anymore of this nonsense and bitching, I'm gonna collapse. Thievery is no fun anymore. I can't win when I'm a thief, and when I'm a guard I can't kill thieves because the AI are so goddamn uber!

Whatever you plan to do, do it fast! The game is losing it's appeal rather quick right now!

So what are your plans admins?

N+2th thread...
    Remember , most admins are deaf. Mog and LR already adjusted the AI level on their servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
      N+2th thread...
      Remember , most admins are deaf. Mog and LR already adjusted the AI level on their servers.
      That's not enough.

Comment

I set the AI level to clever, but anytime the server goes down it seems to default back to Genious. I'm working on that.

AI wakeup timer IS still at 10 mins on TCO.

Comment

We're working on it guys, hang on.

Comment

I'll ditto what mOdEtWo said. Calm down. We're trying to figure it out.

Comment

At least give us some of the possible sollutions and things you have allready tried.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                At least give us some of the possible sollutions and things you have allready tried.
                It's been fairly well proven that this forum isn't the place to have reasoned discussion about balance in 1.3.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
                  It's been fairly well proven that this forum isn't the place to have reasoned discussion about balance in 1.3.
                  LMAO! Very well put, DB.

So far, the only thing that has been tried is reducing the AI's level to Clever. When further changes are tried, they'll be posted.

Comment

Nor 1.2, for that matter. You can count the whiners with the fingers of your left hand and if you clean those posts, all of a sudden everything becomes much more calm, both for guard and thief topics.

Comment

Here are a couple of settings in ThieveryMod.ini you might want to try:

bWakeKOGuards=True/False

Default, set to True. This determines whether KO'd guards will wake up by themselves or not. The setting below this, AwakenTime=300.000000, governs how long they'll spend out of it if bWakeKOGuards is set to True.

bCanFrobWakeUp=True/False

Default, set to True. If you turn this to False, you can't frob an AI to wake him up! So this could be useful if you're worried about nerfed BJ's.

(Apologies if ye know all this)
                      Red Guard
                      Thievery UT

Comment

Thanks oRGy.

Comment

FALSE

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                            FALSE
                            Perhaps by "adapted", V12US meant "reached a stable point in adaptation" - that is, people have adapted to it as much as they're going to be able to, and the current gameplay, win/loss situation and overall enjoyment aren't going to be changing within the current settings.

In fact, I'm fairly confident that's what he meant, as he's calling for changes to be made.

Comment

Working...
                            X