New Temporary Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Temporary Server

There seems to be a lack of servers online right now. Because technical problems are preventing me from getting the Crackaz server back online, I'm opening my private server for public play. It's not been fully tested yet, but it seemed to be handling 5 players yesterday fairly well. It's set to allow 8. The server specs are:

PII 500 MHz
    192 MB PC133 RAM
    DSL connection that typically clocks upstream around 400-420 Kbps

Crackaz server rules and ban list are in effect. In addition, since it's not a team server, I reserve the right to boot anyone off for any reason, including wanting to play myself.

Thanks LR, even mogs is down now.

I was ghosting mogs in a full server, just snatched the body from under 5 or 6 gaurds noses with a flash and some crack :twisted:, and we had no KOs, I just let the spider out, someone was just about to kill the Dr., and we had 2 lives left when... CRASH.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyways, it seems to ping good for me.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
      Thanks LR, even mogs is down now.

I was ghosting mogs in a full server, just snatched the body from under 5 or 6 gaurds noses with a flash and some crack :twisted:, and we had no KOs, I just let the spider out, someone was just about to kill the Dr., and we had 2 lives left when... CRASH.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyways, it seems to ping good for me.
      That was me, I pulled back to kill the doc, let my arrow fly and... 'Connection failed'.

Comment

thanks laughingrat, your donation is much appriciated. I was just wondering per chance if you...set the ai intelligence........maybe lower than genious? just a hope, i guess ill get online to check it out.

Timmy
        "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Timmy,

Check out Orgys post in the To the server admins
          thread...

NOW THIS IS WHAT WE WANT! :grin: :grin: :grin: :lol: 8)

Comment

I reserve the right to boot anyone off for any reason, including wanting to play myself.
            Man LaughingRat, you are SOOOOO selfish!

not really, thanx man, those servers are getting clogged up at the mo, sometimes difficult to get on.
            ~TuF~

Comment

Don't turn this into yet another Whiny Guard's Shouldn't Wake Up thread (tm), Rob...
              JM

Comment

Don't turn this into yet another Whiny Guard's Shouldn't Wake Up thread (tm), Rob...
                Lol

wouldn't dream of it.

That's up to the individual server admins to determine-not me,it'll be interesting to see which servers go for which settings and which ones are the most popular or seem to work the best....

Comment

I personally don' tcare much about server settings, i just go where there are more players. I do multi to play with other people, not bots. :grin:

Comment

I too will start having a server up now that I got my dual 750Mhz's working. I have Cable and I upped the Max Client Rate to 5000 but lowered Max Players to 8. That should keep lag way down. Let me know how it runs.

Comment

As long as Nem isn't playing on the TCO server, we can hold 16 people. ^_^

And LR, don't come into the TCO server to try to get people to come to your server anymore! Get your own players!

Comment

Heh. I was actually there for the reason I said. Trying to get info on AI kill percentages. But you had som many people there, there WERE no AI!

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                          As long as Nem isn't playing on the TCO server, we can hold 16 people. ^_^

And LR, don't come into the TCO server to try to get people to come to your server anymore! Get your own players!
                          I hate 16 people. It's so freaking laggy and half the people don't get to play.
                          The only constant is change.
                          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

But the important thing is: Did he ghosted to steal the players?

Comment

Biohazard- as you're on here and talking about server admin stuff (and aren't responding to pm's), could you please un-ban "The King" as we share the same connection, and there aren't many decent servers around anymore....
                              I'm cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X