Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is just in (regarding invis. potions).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is just in (regarding invis. potions).

Swallowing an invis. potion makes you flash to full visibility before you turn invisible. Try it, make a solo game, press F5 (third person view), go stand in the deepest shadow possible and chug away.

Who the hell came up with that idea? Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of invis. potions? To remain undetected?
    This also explains why so many people are getting shot by the AI after they swallow an Invis. potion. They're basically just giving their locations away instead of remaining hidden.

Isn't it bad enough that there is a *gul'p* sound allready? Is this really needed?

Also, this only happens with invis. potions, the other potions remain unaffected by this weird feature.

That explains the weird player behaviour i've seen online. I was like "Why the hell do they wait for the first invis to totally wear off befor taking the second one?".

Side note: I prefer invisibility potions not being able to be broken. Although you might argue that promotes DMing to get new potions, there were enough ways in 1.2 of getting rid of unwanted potions (unreachable areas, good hiding spots), you didn't HAVE to carry the potions you got from dead thieves on you (as a guard, i mean).

Also defeats the purpose of many storage areas in maps, as guards rush in and break them potions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
      That explains the weird player behaviour i've seen online. I was like "Why the hell do they wait for the first invis to totally wear off befor taking the second one?".
      That's rather because the invis. doesn't stack, but resets to 10 when you swallow another invis. potion.

Comment

I know that But when the counter gets down to 1 or 0 you drink the other potion so you are never visible for 19-20 seconds, and people were always letting themselves flash in the middle of a well lit room.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
          I know that But when the counter gets down to 1 or 0 you drink the other potion so you are never visible for 19-20 seconds, and people were always letting themselves flash in the middle of a well lit room.
          Ah, now I get it...

Also, tagged, invisible thieves are not invisible anymore, but rather 10% visible or something like that... which is a good thing I suppose...

But why did the invisibility potion get nerfed? It was like, the only way for thieves to get something out of a guarded room without getting noticed. The flashbomb has a short range, and to get something from a guarded room with more than 2 AI and a human would take at least two...

Comment

Man Virus! you've been around mr Gerbil for too long! Your complaining so much!

No, seriously tho, you've brought up a great point, I doubt anyone "came up with that idea? " I bet ya it's an unintentional bug, I see your pain tho, if I wanna run from my darkcorner A across the hall grabbing that ruby on the way with my invis, my big phat GLUP noise gives me away AND i appear for a second for all to see where i'm coming from.

It's probably something dead easy to fix but no-one noticed before, I can't say I have!
            ~TuF~

Comment

Ohhh, That explains things...

I played on Korman on a LAN... I was Guard. I see a Thief Flash for a sec at the alter where I killed one a few secs earlier... I thought it was a bug then so I ran up there a swinged my mace at the flash and "OARGGG!!!!!" I won! The Thief had just taken a Invis to run across the churchhall!
              hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

I don't think this was done on purpose. It wasn't in the changes list when we were testing, and its not in the 1.3 changes list now.
                (AKA Dresden)
                Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Working...
                X