New server settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkBill
    In trying to find balanced settings for 1.3, the server admins have agreed to the following settings on a trial basis.
    -Clever AI
    -KOed guards are awakened on frob
    -KOed guards do not automagically wake up
    Could someone please let me know where to find the new commands so I can update my server too? I do know about adjusting the AI's "smarts" (I have my server at "normal" instead of "clever" currently since the AI seems to be smarter). Thank you for the info.
    Team ORJ

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawprin
      Could someone please let me know where to find the new commands so I can update my server too? I do know about adjusting the AI's "smarts" (I have my server at "normal" instead of "clever" currently since the AI seems to be smarter). Thank you for the info.
      In the unrealtournament/system folder is a file called "ThieveryMod.ini" - the settings are in there.

I set guard awakens to False, though, and frob awakens to True, and it didn't seem to allow frob awakens, so I set guard awakens back to true, but pushed the time up to 2400 seconds, or 40 minutes, which is as long as any round on my server is going to take.

Comment

Take that, ModeTwo. ^_^
        Yes, I feel ashamed enough alerady...

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
          I think it should be just the opposite...

Guards SHOULD wake up automatically
          Guards SHOULD NOT wake up on frob.

Guards aren't magic healers! they cant just bring someone out of a coma in one second. The problem is that you can KO an AI, and a human around the corner frobs him and wakes him up instantly and that same AI you just KO'd kills you with his uber skills.

All KO'd people should either be forced to stay KO'd until they wake up themselves.. And that time should be randomized between 5-8 minutes; Or if you are gonna have wake up on frob, there should be a moment where the AI has to get his head together and slowly come back to consciousness. I've had many battles where I was trapped in a small place with too many gaurds and as I tried to even the competition, the humans just kept waking the KO'd guards up instantly. I think I KO'd the same AI 4 times in 15 seconds because the human guard kept waking him up immediately.
          I agree, at least there should be a delais so that the AI don't come back into play 1 or 2 sec after a KO. At least, the guard should come back as a Benny guard at first, then increase it state. But, i also agree on the hide the body....so i would go on a frob the body + delays on AI awakening...because for balance (but not without the delay).

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          And frankly, if a thief gets caught in a well lit room by several guards and tries to fight his way out, he SHOULD die. Think about it.
          KAM, don't listen to LR, he is still frustrated that i got away in theatre when i got caught by 2 guards in that small place in the basement ...hehehe
          (watch and learn LR )
          [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

-Clever AI
            -KOed guards are awakened on frob
            Well that sucks! Did I mention I am Napoleon? Where did that pink elephant come from? Is that my nose in the mailbox?

In case you don't get it, IT ROXX!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DhaThief
              KAM, don't listen to LR, he is still frustrated that i got away in theatre when i got caught by 2 guards in that small place in the basement ...hehehe
              (watch and learn LR )
              How could I be mad about that? I don't even REMEMBER that. You expect me to remember each and every time a thief gets away from me, when there are so MANY times?

Comment

But he's not just any thief!! .. he's DHATHIEF!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Originally posted by DhaThief
                  (watch and learn LR )
                  How could I be mad about that? I don't even REMEMBER that. You expect me to remember each and every time a thief gets away from me, when there are so MANY times?
                  Nah LR i did not escape you, you where already dead ...ROFL :lol:
                  That why i said ... watch and learn...hehe
                  [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

Automagically is right
                    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Working...
                    X