Originally posted by DarkBill
    -KOed guards do not automagically wake up

Automagically is right

Leave a comment:

• DhaThief
    replied
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Originally posted by DhaThief
    KAM, don't listen to LR, he is still frustrated that i got away in theatre when i got caught by 2 guards in that small place in the basement ...hehehe
    (watch and learn LR )
    How could I be mad about that? I don't even REMEMBER that. You expect me to remember each and every time a thief gets away from me, when there are so MANY times?
    Nah LR i did not escape you, you where already dead ...ROFL :lol:
    That why i said ... watch and learn...hehe

Leave a comment:

• KewlAzMe
    replied
    But he's not just any thief!! .. he's DHATHIEF!

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by DhaThief
    KAM, don't listen to LR, he is still frustrated that i got away in theatre when i got caught by 2 guards in that small place in the basement ...hehehe
    (watch and learn LR )
    How could I be mad about that? I don't even REMEMBER that. You expect me to remember each and every time a thief gets away from me, when there are so MANY times?

Leave a comment:

• Jocke
    replied
    -Clever AI
    -KOed guards are awakened on frob
    Well that sucks! Did I mention I am Napoleon? Where did that pink elephant come from? Is that my nose in the mailbox?

In case you don't get it, IT ROXX!!!

Leave a comment:

• DhaThief
    replied
    Originally posted by KewlAzMe
    I think it should be just the opposite...

Guards SHOULD wake up automatically
    Guards SHOULD NOT wake up on frob.

Guards aren't magic healers! they cant just bring someone out of a coma in one second. The problem is that you can KO an AI, and a human around the corner frobs him and wakes him up instantly and that same AI you just KO'd kills you with his uber skills.

All KO'd people should either be forced to stay KO'd until they wake up themselves.. And that time should be randomized between 5-8 minutes; Or if you are gonna have wake up on frob, there should be a moment where the AI has to get his head together and slowly come back to consciousness. I've had many battles where I was trapped in a small place with too many gaurds and as I tried to even the competition, the humans just kept waking the KO'd guards up instantly. I think I KO'd the same AI 4 times in 15 seconds because the human guard kept waking him up immediately.
    I agree, at least there should be a delais so that the AI don't come back into play 1 or 2 sec after a KO. At least, the guard should come back as a Benny guard at first, then increase it state. But, i also agree on the hide the body....so i would go on a frob the body + delays on AI awakening...because for balance (but not without the delay).

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    And frankly, if a thief gets caught in a well lit room by several guards and tries to fight his way out, he SHOULD die. Think about it.
    (watch and learn LR )

Leave a comment:

• modetwo
    replied
    Take that, ModeTwo. ^_^
    Yes, I feel ashamed enough alerady...

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrawprin
    Could someone please let me know where to find the new commands so I can update my server too? I do know about adjusting the AI's "smarts" (I have my server at "normal" instead of "clever" currently since the AI seems to be smarter). Thank you for the info.
    In the unrealtournament/system folder is a file called "ThieveryMod.ini" - the settings are in there.

I set guard awakens to False, though, and frob awakens to True, and it didn't seem to allow frob awakens, so I set guard awakens back to true, but pushed the time up to 2400 seconds, or 40 minutes, which is as long as any round on my server is going to take.

Leave a comment:

• Scrawprin
    replied
    In trying to find balanced settings for 1.3, the server admins have agreed to the following settings on a trial basis.
    -Clever AI
    -KOed guards are awakened on frob
    Could someone please let me know where to find the new commands so I can update my server too? I do know about adjusting the AI's "smarts" (I have my server at "normal" instead of "clever" currently since the AI seems to be smarter). Thank you for the info.

Leave a comment:

• KewlAzMe
    replied
    OK its worth a try.. but i never said i was in a well lit room.. im talking about the shadowed area of the Thief spawn in Darkened enlightenment. I was KOing guards that were spawn raping after a human brought them there.. so each time I KO'd the human woke him them up and closed the door..

Now of course I could have just left the area.. but its the principal if it.
    But we will try your way... in teh mean time.. Kewl's Server will be opposite so we can try that way too.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostly apparition
    replied
    I think its worth a good try, give it a chance people it just might be the answer
    ,if not they can make some other adjustment. Anything is better than the way
    it is now.

A side note to the devs, I think you did a great job with the improvemnets
    in 1.3, love the decoy arrow and scouting orb. Great enhancements both.
    I think a few server adjustments and all will be fine.

GREAT JOB DEVS!!

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied
    KAM:

These are the settings. We're not interested in talks about comas. We're interested in balance, and good gameplay. In our opinion, frob only KO's enhance that Be still requiring a thief to carefully consider if a KO is worth it, while requiring guards to be careful, because permanent losses are possible. If they don't work, we'll try something different.

Don't mistake this for a discussion. It's not. It's an announcement.

That's all.

And frankly, if a thief gets caught in a well lit room by several guards and tries to fight his way out, he SHOULD die. Think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.K.
    replied
    First try.
    Then whine.

(And if you get more than 50% wins and still want to whine, you better have a good reason).

Leave a comment:

• KewlAzMe
    replied
    I think it should be just the opposite...

Guards SHOULD wake up automatically
    Guards SHOULD NOT wake up on frob.

Guards aren't magic healers! they cant just bring someone out of a coma in one second. The problem is that you can KO an AI, and a human around the corner frobs him and wakes him up instantly and that same AI you just KO'd kills you with his uber skills.

All KO'd people should either be forced to stay KO'd until they wake up themselves.. And that time should be randomized between 5-8 minutes; Or if you are gonna have wake up on frob, there should be a moment where the AI has to get his head together and slowly come back to consciousness. I've had many battles where I was trapped in a small place with too many gaurds and as I tried to even the competition, the humans just kept waking the KO'd guards up instantly. I think I KO'd the same AI 4 times in 15 seconds because the human guard kept waking him up immediately.

Leave a comment:

• DarkBill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mog
    I'm sorry to throw a spanner in the works here, but I did not agree to this, as I have been away this weekend
    Take that, ModeTwo. ^_^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X