New FM made by me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FM made by me

Hey guys, I just wanted to post a message that Im releasing a beta of my first UT/TUT level, Ive been building on it for about 3 weeks, everything seems to work and there arent really any bugs that I know of *yet*

I went into Mogs server and posted a link but I think only one person got it, Ive updated it a little since then so its a slightly different version. This is a really small map designed for one on one battles, but can be played with 2 thieves and three guards, this map is more or less just an experiment to learn UnrealEd, anyway heres the link:

http://www.geocities.com/whatpics/TH-CountryManor.zip

Ive been hitting my data transfer limit a lot tonight so if it doesnt work, try again in about an hour

Ill be hosting a server tonight while Im at work and Ill try to enable downloading so you *should* be able to download it there too

Heres some screens from the level

If those screens look too dark against the white background, here they are against a black background: http://www.geocities.com/whatpics/Th...FMScreens.html

Some notes about gameplay:

-you can climb the tree in the back (first screen) like a ladder (try jumping onto it, and crouching near the top) its a good way across the back balcony fence

-there are two drawers in the upstairs room (second screen) that hold loot, the key is in the kitchen, but theyre both pickable, one of them holds a golden scepter which will give Thieves 490 in loot, (500 is required to beat the level)

-there is a door with glass in it that leads to the kitchen and lots of hiding spots around this place, like on top of jars and shelves, just be careful of the loud tile

-the chimney doesnt have a ladder in it but it does have wood rimming at the top, so just use rope arrows

I think thats everything, comments and constructive criticism always welcome
    "Shivers running down my spine,
    whos blood? I know its mine.
    -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Looking good, im dling it gonna chk it later

edit : Wow nice if this is your first map, well maybe there still hope for me to make a map.

I liked alot all the way you can get into the house (there at least 4 or 5), for a small place like that it's pretty good. This is however too small of a map, but your on you way for sure...I show that you put in alot of details.

As for the testing part : I saw a path finding problem with the AI, once he was kinda stuck jam on top of the bed in front of a collum (he stop walking there). And at another time he was infront of the long table (i was on the other side so maybe that why) and he was like frozzen trying to move. In the 2 case the AI got around to me once he saw me (i was testing so god mode was on ...hehe).
    Nice work in general.
    [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

I'll be sure to test it out.
      I thought you had posted this already?

Comment

Yeah that was just the screens

Im having troubles making my own public server because of issues with my cable service, if anyone wants to do a server with my level, thatd be great, Id really appreciate any help

again sorry about the data transfer limit thing, you know how geocities is
        -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Downloaded it, tried it .... and it din't work.

I'm missing a package names "factory" Maby you could add that file if it is a custom file. We can't play without it. ( though it seems DhaThief played it somehow. )
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

hmm, that is strange that you arent able to play it but Dha Thief was, I dont think I altered any texture packs, is anyone else having this problem?

Ill look into that AI problem, might just be the AIs and not the AI routes since Ive seen that sorta thing in their levels too, but I dunno, Ill check it out, thanks for the review

This map was really just a test run in mapping, my next level will be pretty large and have lots of custom brushes, textures, and meshes, I have lots of ideas and I think itll turn out ten times better than this map
            -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

Hmm, "factory.utx" is included with DP's map, Payback.

I bet you've used textures from it, forgetting that it's not provided with UT/TUT.

Thats why some people can play, & others can't.

Comment

Could be I'll try to download DPs map again.

I just installed a fresh ut and tut, so i dont have many custom maps yet
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Can't download.

Stupid geoshitty provider.

[code:1:2f54df5765]
                  [[email protected] omega]$ wget http://www.geocities.com/whatpics/TH-CountryManor.zip
                  --14:41:18-- http://www.geocities.com/whatpics/TH-CountryManor.zip
                  => `TH-CountryManor.zip'
                  Resolving www.geocities.com... gereed.
                  Connecting to www.geocities.com[66.218.77.70]:80... connected.
                  HTTP verzoek verzonden, wacht op antwoord... 508 unused
                  [/code:1:2f54df5765]

Their custom server is producing errors.

http://www.google.com/search?q=HTTP/1.1+508+unused

The list goes on and on.

Oh, and did you update the zip yet? Otherwise i'm still getting it without the additional texture file.

Comment

"Save target as" worked for me (just clicking didn't) but you are one of the elite NetScape-user / Windows-hater I think to remember.
                    Serves you well, I guess. :lol:
                    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Save target gives me the filename.zip.html.

Did the file work for you?

Comment

I don't exaggerate when I say this is probably the best user map uptil now.

It looks beautifull, plays like a charm and is possibly the best map to explain the game to a new player. Just a darn shame that you used those textures from payback... Either replace those textures with thievery ones, or include the texture file with the map.

Oh, and one last bit. Put a little more interactive stuff in the map, like readable books and scrolls (just fill them up with nonsense like the other mappers do ) and some more shadow outside the house... it is quite hard to find a place where you're actually 0% visible.

Great map though. Two thumbs up!

Comment

Ahhh.... Someone help this guy out and get his map on a REAL server... He already used up all his bandwidth.
                          "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                            Oh, and one last bit. Put a little more interactive stuff in the map, like readable books and scrolls (just fill them up with nonsense like the other mappers do )
                            Nonsense? I call it "humorous immersion"

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
                              Save target gives me the filename.zip.html.

Did the file work for you?
                              I got it around the time I posted and it works.
                              If you use ICQ, which I fairly doubt, I could send it your way.
                              Otherwise goodluck or maybe just some patience. :|
                              AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                              Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                              Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Working...
                              X