No announcement yet.

just this RLF's opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may not amount to much coming from a noob like me but I personally have much respect for the RLF, you have taken a part of the game that the vast majority of people dont really like and specialized in it. Guarding isn't as easy as most people make it sound. So far I have managed ok as a thief, only won once but at least I'm always able to contribute. While the guard team almost always wins while I'm on it, I get absolutely owned on a personal level.

Point being, guarding is hard to do right, but the default settings make it so you don't need to do it right to succeed, and if that is unfulfilling to me I imagine you guys must be bored as hell. I'm suprised the RLF isn't begging for the game to be rebalanced because there is just no challenge in guarding right now.

I believe that when the uber ai bugs are fixed (muchas gracias, El Joelio) there will no longer be a problem, but until then this could probably be fixed by doing the opposite of what the servers are currently trying. Keep the 5 min wakeups (perhaps raise it to 7) and make the AI dumber. That nerfs DMing by BJ, forces humans guards to do the majority of the work and allows for the temporary removal of AI without the entire map being alerted to your presence. When I want to be challenged by AI I play solo. Multiplayer is supposed to be about outwitting humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sverrik
      This may not amount to much coming from a noob like me but I personally have much respect for the RLF, you have taken a part of the game that the vast majority of people dont really like and specialized in it.
      Don't really like? I love gaurd, but I love thief more.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

POE...since no one has said it...

STFU NOOB RLF'r!

LOL

But seriously folks...
        I agree with you, The Frob wake up is way too quick... I by the way have my server set to No-frob wake up and auto wake up on (7.5 minutes) only. Opposite of the Crackaz server so we can test out both scenarios.. so if you want to try it the other way for a day.. my server is available with that setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition

While I thought that 1.3 when it forst came out was unbalanced I tend
          to agree with you on some of this.
          Even though i said it was Thievery not Guardery, that was mainly because
          Mad gerbil wasn't listening to us either.
          As I thought about things and what was bothering me about Gameplay
          it occured to me that it wasn't the AI wakeup that was the biggest problem
          in fact may not be the problem at all.
          The biggest hangup for me(and quite a few others too judging by the posts)
          was the AI godlike abilities, quite a few of which it turns out are bugs,
          (thanks El Joelio for clearing that up)
          My opinion only mind you but it seems to me that things could be a bit more
          balanced if we brought back the AI wakeup (while incresing the time a bit 5
          minutes was too short), and getting AI to clever or a bit below that.
          Kewlazme is running a server with just such settings, maybe you could try
          his server poe?

Ultimately if I seemed a little too harsh in my criticisms before I apologize,
          I think the goal here is to have a game the is balanced and fun for all
          including Guards.
          Wasn't I saying something like this from the getgo? I blamed the AI and the rest blamed the wake-up crap. Things are seriously wrong when the AI gets 75% of all the kills.

Originally posted by Curinir
          *Ahem*

I???

Don't you mean we?
          I got the evidence and 650ish loot. I think that says enough.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
            Evidence? 650 loot? Korman?...

Maybe that was gerome 2 map before? And that was me that was the last thief alive along with you
            "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
              Evidence? 650 loot? Korman?...

Maybe that was gerome 2 map before? And that was me that was the last thief alive along with you
              Oww jeah, I ment gerome. Though we kinda DM'ed both, since Rob Filth (Last guard) left the game before we could escape. Both games were played against a more than capable guard team on guard friendly maps.

Note: This was Mogs server, where the wake-up feature has been completely removed, including frob-wake-up. I wouldn't be surprised if thief/guard victory ratio would be the complete opposite (2/1) in a while.

I'm not too sure about Crackaz, since I haven't finished too many games on that server (Damn you Crashaz!)... Though in essence I think Poe is right.

Comment

Im pretty sure there was still 2 guards left... and im also sure it said we reached the exit.... At least i was there.

Comment

Im pretty sure there was still 2 guards left... and im also sure it said we reached the exit.... At least i was there.
                  Jeah, on Gerome... but we wouldn't have won if not for that total guard massacre in the backyard.
                  On Korman we won by guard elimination.

Then again, who cares.

Comment

Jeah, on Gerome... but we wouldn't have won if not for that total guard massacre in the backyard.
                    On Korman we won by guard elimination.

Then again, who cares.
                    Oh right... I dont remember much from the Korman patch... Some taffer smacked me in the back of the head...

Comment

The reason why thieves can DM in thievery but not in real life (oboy, here I go again with that crap) is that in real life you might not be more than 2 thieves with 0 spare lives against maybe 20 guards, while in thievery there has to be almost as many thieves as human guards thanks to the autoteamer. So if you have a lot of players, each side has a small army. And what do armies do? They fight.

I want a game a la Garrett vs Everyone Else. And maybe more guard lives.
                      ]V[]V[

Comment

Wasn't I saying something like this from the getgo? I blamed the AI and the rest blamed the wake-up crap. Things are seriously wrong when the AI gets 75% of all the kills.
                        I don't have enough data for a good sample yet, but some early numbers I'm keeping on clever AI are actually showing them getting about 67% of the kills, with the remaining 33% split between human guard kills and thief suicides.

Comment

Originally posted by poe

pleeeeze prove me wrong. I'm already playing other games now and dont' want to quit because there are so many things about the game that I like, and if you have a conversation with me you'll find I can actually be quite rational.

(awaits thunderous STFU n00b)
                          What other games are you playing poe? My only reason for being on this planet is to follow you around and bj you . Seriously though, what other games do you play?

Comment

Originally posted by impulse
                            What other games are you playing poe? My only reason for being on this planet is to follow you around and bj you . Seriously though, what other games do you play?
                            Poe no longer posts here.

Comment

Why is that?

Comment

Has she left TUT as well?
                                Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                                "Dream is Destiny"
                                Waking Life

Comment

Working...
                                X