No announcement yet.

May Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, so your motivations as a moderator are finally revealed! Does it make you feel big inside? (your pants)
    ~TuF~

Comment

You forgot to mention the ever-present fear of being mauled by a bear, Mach.

I hadn't noticed that enemies were particularly hard to kill. I was a bit disappointed in B's actions with the bandits though, I was just getting my knife out when...

I don't really know what you mean about the shooting, unless you mean when the rats run under your vision and you're scrawling around to find them. Frustrating, yes. Unrealistic, no. This isn't Daggerfall where they sidle up to you and sit there nipping at you. Can you be a bit more...specific about it?

D, the last line in your first post in now hilarious

I'll get around to Alan Wake.
      Blur...ok I only played one race but, euhh...it all looks pretty and maybe it's fun with humans but it just seemed so...boring.
      RDR isn't that XBOX only? Boooooo!
      Split/Second looks awesome, not had chance to try it yet.

I've been playing a lot of Assasin's Creed for the first time lately. It's an awful lot of fun.

Fired up Bioshock again the other night and started playing. Probably won't replay it though as I've already done it (and googled the other endings). Makes me want some new adventures in the world so I'll be skipping straight to number 2 methinks.
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I don't think I can explain the metro/stalker combat issues better than I already have. I feel... disconnected from the combat. It doesn't feel like I'm shooting stuff, and as such isn't a whole lot of fun.

I'd highly recommend Blur. I've played all the way through the singleplayer and have around 10 hours in multiplayer and it's not showing signs of getting old yet. Splitscreen is fun as hell too.

As I said, skip RDR at least for now until there's a substantial sale or something. Yes I was wrong about it... Just not in the way everyone is saying I was

Split/Second is good, but if you're only going to get one racing game, I'd give Blur the edge.
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine View Post
          linearity is good for storytelling
          Meant linearity more like in a level setup way. Is it like a giant tube where you only go forward and all the stuff behind you gets obsolete as soon as you pass or is it more like a hub setup where you cross places multiple times and stuff changes, and to what extent (backtracking once to give someone a thing wouldnt count in my book).

PS : One could argue that videogame storytelling is always linear anyway. Even if you did a gargantuan multiple choice effort, all the choices would have to be written by someone and therefore always be the same. The only "nonlinear" story you could have in a game would be extreme sandbox stuff like X3 but thats not like real story but dorking around forever with no real hook but to get richer and stronger just because.
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

ITT: a few people who played STALKER without mods to fix the gunplay

I didn't like Metro, FWTW; I don't want to feel like I'm in a film.

Comment

Is it just my PC or does Metro load unnaturally fast?
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

Metro doesn't even load for me, crashes a few seconds after getting to the menu.
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I had that, I had to install PhysX to get it going, works fine now.
                  ~TuF~

Comment

I'll have to give it another try at some point.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I don't think the installer puts all the required stuff on properly. I think it's in a folder on the disc, I had to install DX stuff and PhysX from there before it would launch.
                      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -
                      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Working...
                      X