UT 432 and TUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT 432 and TUT

Umm, I just opened UT to play and noticed that I am running v432. I thought I that TUT couldn't be played on v432? Maybe this is why TUT crashes an abnormally amount. But then, I coulda swore I had v436. The UT I bought was UT GOTY, which I thought was v436. Oh well. Guess I'm gonna go try to find v436 update.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

same for me, but no one answered when i asked the same question
    This is my cool sig.

Comment

www.unrealtournament.com

The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I'm dling the patch now, but I can't find my dang CD to install it! I think it may be back home. I coulda swore thought that I was running v436. Guess not.
        "Dream is Destiny"
        Waking Life

Comment

Ok, I am running v432. Odd that I'v been able to play all this time. Here's the problem now. I have the patch, but I can't install it because God only knows where my UT cd is. I think it's at home, 4 hours away.

Is there any way to install the patch without the cd?
          "Dream is Destiny"
          Waking Life

Comment

Ok, I couldn't find my UT cd, and I'm too impatient to wait 4 days till I get home to get it, so I went to the store and got another copy... This is the 3rd time I've had to friggin buy a second copy of a game.

So, I am now on v436.

I am still confused though, on how I was able to play on v432. Can someone with some knowledge around here explain this to me?
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

You can get a version of the 436 patch that doesn't need the CD here.

Bit late tho eh
              AI Programmer,
              Thievery UT

Comment

As for TUT being playable on 432, I think there were very little changes made between 432 and 436, so compatability was kept.
                AI Programmer,
                Thievery UT

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                  Ok, I couldn't find my UT cd, and I'm too impatient to wait 4 days till I get home to get it, so I went to the store and got another copy... This is the 3rd time I've had to friggin buy a second copy of a game.
                  Glad you got it figured. But the THIRD time you've had to buy a SECOND copy? Shouldn't that be more like the first time you've had to buy a third copy?

Comment

Thanks El_Joelio... I really should gather up some patience from somewhere...

LR, I have had to buy 2nd copies of 3 different games. Not 3 copies of the same.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

That'll teach YA!

I keep my UT disk in a safe, in an airtight room with laser trip alarms everywhere!

Take care of your stuff curry!

mmmm, curry...... chicken tika masaala.....

*runs for phone*
                      ~TuF~

Comment

So thievery worked with 432?? I had re-installed UT(432) and forgotten the patch... Thievery ran, but I wouldn't say it worked. There was some very interesting bugs...
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

LR, I have had to buy 2nd copies of 3 different games. Not 3 copies of the same.
                          Yikes! Dude! Keep track of your discs!

(Although TMach, is probably going overboard.)

Comment

I am actuallly getting odder bugs now that I have UTv436 installed as aopposed to v432.

v432 actually worked fine. I never noticed that that was the version I was using, to be honest.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

I am actuallly getting odder bugs now that I have UTv436 installed as aopposed to v432.

v432 actually worked fine. I never noticed that that was the version I was using, to be honest.
                              I've heard that can happen when 436 is installed after Thievery. Maybe try a fresh install all around?

Comment

Working...
                              X