My rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rant.

I know, I know. Don't whine, bla bla bla.

Here's my first rant and hopefully the last. I try not to be negative and not to wine but I'm getting downright pissed off.

I was playing Gerome. I got the evidence by myself, and my two teammates died. I just got all the supplies so I was at full hp, had an invis pot, speed pot, flash bomb, catfalls, and crack. I had 600 loot and I could win it... ghosting. I just needed 200 more loot which shouldn't be too hard... but a couple people join in and are so in-considerate that they join the gaurds, making it 6 on 1. I mean, OK, I still have a chance. Then by some freak chance a gaurd sees me while I open the windows to the fireplace room, and heeeere comes the firebolts. 1 firebolt, douse myself. 2 firebolts, douse and invis. 3 firebolts, no more invis, no more water arrows, so I speed pot it outta there.... into three more gaurds. I'm still on fire, so they see me. A little more luck comes my way and 2 AIs are standing there. I'm dead, obviously.

PLEASE LIMIT FIREBOLTS AND KEEP THE FREAKING TEAM BALANCE ON AT ALL TIMES!

I'm sick of shitty games where I'm the last one, and I actually have a chance to have some idiots join in and make it 1 on 7, and once or twice, it's been 1 on 8.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Sorry but it would be utter crap if people couldn't join simply because the game started off as 5v5 and only guard lives were left when they got there, especially with people trying to ghost etc. - Join the only game with people in and wait 10 minutes to actually play simply because it would stack the odds a little?
    Besides, if they weren't players, they'd be the AI

Limiting firebolts would be okay if the limit was fairly soft, say 4 - enough to give people spares but for hardcore spammers only to get one or two volleys off. I think that increasing the price would be bad for those who don't spam them, so an artificial limit would probably be the better alternative.

Comment

To be honest, why limit the fire bolts?

If they want to buy so many firebolts, fine. It costs alot of money, and they are losing it, not me.

Bout the balance yeah. I puke on no balanced servers.
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by act smiley
        ...wait 10 minutes to actually play simply because it would stack the odds a little?...
        The odds were already stacked a little(lot) at 5 vs. 1.
        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I'm all for upping the cost of FBs a bit rather than imposing a limit. And I think there should be some way implemented to cut down on flarespamming and random flare probing. Devs should see the suggestions forum for plenty of ideas on that.
          {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
          Contact details updated
          I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Sorry but it would be utter crap if people couldn't join simply because the game started off as 5v5 and only guard lives were left when they got there, especially with people trying to ghost etc. - Join the only game with people in and wait 10 minutes to actually play simply because it would stack the odds a little?
            Besides, if they weren't players, they'd be the AI
            If thieves have no lives left I will ALWAYS spectate until the next game, especially if someone who has a reputation for being good is in. You can sometimes learn more from watching half a match than from playing 2 if you pay attention.

On the issue of AI, for me the worst human is more of a threat than all but the uber genius AI because humans are unpredictable, and one more human actively looking for thieves is not a small difference.

In short, you should respect the rights of other people to enjoy the game. To potentially ruin someone elses game just because you want to play RIGHT NOW is disrespectful.

Comment

Limiting firebolts is the only way to go. Upping the prices isn't worth it. The only way to end abusive firespamming is to limit them. I don't mind firebolts. 2 of my loadouts have one. I usually use them for relighting torches in a dark area that isn't safe. Several other threads have my rants on firespamming, so I won't make one here. That's all I guess.
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sverrik
                In short, you should respect the rights of other people to enjoy the game. To potentially ruin someone elses game just because you want to play RIGHT NOW is disrespectful.
                Well said. One doesn't find this attitude online very often.

Comment

[quote="LaughingRat"]
                  Originally posted by Sverrik
                  Well said. One doesn't find this attitude online very often.

And how unfortunate that is too. Fortunately, however, the TUT community is pretty considerate and lacks losers and ragers and most people here are nice respect each other.

This doesn't include CD though, he's just a loser that won't go away...
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                    Limiting firebolts is the only way to go. Upping the prices isn't worth it. The only way to end abusive firespamming is to limit them. I don't mind firebolts. 2 of my loadouts have one. I usually use them for relighting torches in a dark area that isn't safe. Several other threads have my rants on firespamming, so I won't make one here. That's all I guess.
                    How do you know Cur? Why not try it out? It's really easy for the devs to change, and it effectively imposes a limit, but not through some artificial 'the server won't let you buy more' crap. I hate those limits.
                    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                    Contact details updated
                    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
                      Originally posted by Curunir
                      <snip>
                      How do you know Cur? Why not try it out? It's really easy for the devs to change, and it effectively imposes a limit, but not through some artificial 'the server won't let you buy more' crap. I hate those limits.

I'm not saying use a server limiter, but an actual buyout limiter. Why not do the same with invis pots and stuff then too?

Like I said, I do like firebolts, just not if they are spammed. The cost of 100 loot is already really high. Changing prices, IMO, isn't the way to go.
                      "Dream is Destiny"
                      Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
                        Replacing an enforced limit with a cosmetic one (or one you can't instantly see is also a bad idea), its still a limit, I personally hate things being enforced onto me (auto vault from water and auto-reswitch weapons from items :x ) but is IS getting a bit silly with some people. I used to say hell yeah let them get a sword and all 6 firebolts (limited by price) but that was when they couldn't get as many as they liked (in a sense). Purposely buying all 6 then going back to where you died or got Koed is the problem. Thieves are already limited, to be fair either higher their limits (plus one of each tool and pots) or reduce the guards items limits.

Another thing on the limits is the different types of item/tool/weapon, Firebolts are a wasteable item, in that you get them and either use them or they are lost when you die/get koed. Most common thief tools/pots are lost to your killer when your dead. A neat/sadistic "feature" could be added where any unused tools lost to the void on death (for guards or thieves) is converted to droppable items (health for firebolts, Flash too speed pots/cals etc etc) people would be less likely to get the wasteable types then.... Open to ideas of course since if they use 6 fire shitfast it wont change a thing. Like a timer where the mroe you use of one type in so much time the more you drop on death/ko.

I think people should be able to take the lives and play if they can, its still always a personal opinion or choice at the time, I nearly always jump ingame if I can.
                        How TuF are you?
                        League of Legends
                        Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

I've been a believer of limiting firebolts for awhile. I'll leave it up to the dev's to decide how.

While we're on the subject, in 1.2 it took 4 mines to instakill a thief. It now only takes 2. I really think either the damage should be lowered or the limit guards can buy should be dropped to 1.

Comment

I was gonna talk about that too Grank.

I think mines need some kind of limit, they're too powerful.

I mean, if you put 2 of them in the doorway of the library in Gerome, it's over for the thief trying to get in, since they have no chance of picking them. And then some other gaurd will just stick a couple more mines down and it's over.

EDIT: I was going to say another way would be to raise the prices, as spending 120 on a instakill is kind of ridiculous.
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

While we're on a ranting topic...

It has come to my attention that the ability to pre-maturely revive AI has been turned off on some servers. What the hell are you thinking?! Turn off 5 minute revival, fine, but removing it totally? Guards are getting SLAUGHTERED on these servers by DM thieves. Without the revival feature, the BJ is not nerfed, and it's the lame 1.2 DM'ing all over again. Only this time, Thieves move 10% faster and are almost impossible to see, and they have new toys like the Decoy Arrow that, contrary to popular belief, are EXCELLENT for KO'ing stupid guards.

Turn it back on, and turn off the timed revival if you have a problem.
                              TCO – Retired
                              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X