Input on a video card..Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input on a video card..Please

I am thinking of getting this vid card for the kids PC..not looking for anything grand, just enough to play the basics..IE Thief and Thievery
    Here are the specs..
    ---------------
    ATI RADEON 32M SDR 4X AGP
    Specifications:
    GPU: ATI RADEON
    MEM: 32MB SDRAM
    Maximium memory Interface :1.6GB/s with 200MHZ SDR
    Bus Interface: AGP2X/4X
    Operating Systems Support: Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP
    3D Acceleration Features: CHARISMA ENGINE, PIXEL TAPESTRY and VIDEO IMMERSION technologies - NO TV OUT
    (* This card come with Chipset heat sink fan unlike the LE version. *)
    -------------------
    Only $28.00

Good?
    Bad?
    or
    Ugly?

It's going into a PC with a 600Mhz , 256 SD Ram (133) On-board audio / video

Originally posted by Apache{NAD}
    Good?
    Bad?
    or
    Ugly?

It's going into a PC with a 600Mhz , 256 SD Ram (133) On-board audio / video
    That will run Unreal Tournament fine, and while I've never tried Thievery or Thief on one, I don't think it will have any problems. It's also a really good price for that card.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

What card is in your PC? I would put that card in their PC, and upgrade yours (provided you can afford it). Both comps would get upgrades ...
      No Linux, No Choice.
      Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

GeForce4 MX440 SE 64M
        Great deal on it too..$47 shipped

Comment

What is the number of that Radeon card?! 7500/8500/9000/**** ?
          "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Originally posted by Apache{NAD}
            GeForce4 MX440 SE 64M
            Great deal on it too..$47 shipped
            Even better GF4 MX440 deals (the best part is Newegg ):

$42 Palit Microsystems

$42 Chaintech (more popular brand name)
            No Linux, No Choice.
            Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper
              What is the number of that Radeon card?! 7500/8500/9000/**** ?
              Features:-
              Graphics Controller
              - RADEON 7000 graphics processing unit (GPU)

Comment

its the basic, pre number one (The SDR version of the 7000, basically)
                edit: stop replying when I am and making me look a fool
                Not too bad considering the money, about equal to a Geforce2MX400. To be honest, its fairly near the performance of the GF4MX and has all the same features.
                $47 for a GF4MX is why ATi is so much better at the moment - Full DX8 features and loads more performance for $65 - $18 is hardly any money and its an extra 6 months without needing an upgrade.

Basically, its not a bad card for what you want it for, but I'd have to say splash out on a 9000 for yourself and give 'em your GF4MX.

Comment

Go for the 8500... It should be cheaper then 9000... and much better.

Comment

the 8500 is almost exactly the same as the 9000Pro and is actually not any cheaper as its a lot harder to get hold of - the same site where I got the $65 figure has it as $70 for the LE.

Comment

Performance wise it should be much better, and the 9000 is very bad.

Comment

It sounds very much like your going for a cheap card which is fine, and for what your kids are going to use this for it sounds like an excellent choice.

When they get to the age where they do what to become hardcore gamers then they should be old enough to get off their asses and earn some moola for a fast card!

No, seriously, I think that that card will run most stuff your gonna want to fine.
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                          It sounds very much like your going for a cheap card which is fine, and for what your kids are going to use this for it sounds like an excellent choice.

When they get to the age where they do what to become hardcore gamers then they should be old enough to get off their asses and earn some moola for a fast card!

No, seriously, I think that that card will run most stuff your gonna want to fine.

I must agree with TM. Get one that will work for now, and if they wanna become 1337 gamers, let them get thier own stuff. It'll teach em some valuable lessons.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

Working...
                          X