No announcement yet.

Stealth Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TLC for the TG, still going strong; so we see!

Thief Gold Texture pack, moddb page

Comment

Palpitations
      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -YT

Comment

Yeah, its spreading like wild fire, and I dunno, just can't get excited about it. We'll see, at least there is some news. I'll play it anyway. Word has it, its a Dishonored knock off, sad.

Comment

ohhhh pretty *drools*

got myself Velvet Assassin and mark of the ninja the other week, unfortunately Dillinger persuaded me to get war of the roses too and now i'm hooked on that
          [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
          Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
          AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
          Videos - YouTube

Comment

Looks tell you nothing, Thief 3 was a good example of a game that had the right tools but used them in every wrong possible way. If this game has the looks of Dishonoured (which I have not played) but pulls off a good Thief, then it's fine by me. We will never get the classic look back unless they return to the Dark Engine.
            On the other hand I cannot see why they need to reboot the series.
            How much do we know about Garret? 3 games later he is still very much an enigmatic anti-hero and that's it. Thief is hardly what I would call a life story, it's more about the plots Garret get's wrapped into.
            Anyway, the development of Thief 4 has been a game of stealth in itself.
            Feel the power of the

Comment

I do believe no truer words have been spoken Antero. *Development of Thief, a game of stealth in itself.*

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90 View Post
                If this game has the looks of Dishonoured (which I have not played) but pulls off a good Thief, then it's fine by me.
                should give it a go, rather fun game

Originally posted by BrokenArts View Post
                I do believe no truer words have been spoken Antero. *Development of Thief, a game of stealth in itself.*
                once your a taffer, everything you do turns to stealth
                Videos - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
                  should give it a go, rather fun game

once your a taffer, everything you do turns to stealth
                  Odd, I have tried countless times to ghost near my cows and sheep and they always make that "sigh... I see you" look.

edit: I will try Dishnoured a bit later, last time I checked they were still into DLC territory.

Also, that sneaksy Kerrigan will be making her re-debut tomorrow and im a sucker for Starcraft, despite that somewhat disjointed plot in Wings of Liberty.
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

Odd, I have tried countless times to ghost near my cows and sheep and they always make that "sigh... I see you" look..
                    tis the mark of a great taffer to ghost past cows and sheep

Also, that sneaksy Kerrigan will be making her re-debut tomorrow and im a sucker for Starcraft, despite that somewhat disjointed plot in Wings of Liberty.
                    ah true, will get that myself at some point, waiting for price to drop tho
                    Videos - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Keggie View Post
                      tis the mark of a great taffer to ghost past cows and sheep
                      There are no zombies or haunts in my farm. The ducks and chicken are too small, I have to practice with whatever I have. (and I admit, newborn sheep just scream for a "cuddle me!")
                      Feel the power of the

Comment

lol I work at a college, I practice by avoiding students as much as possible... Strangely you could prob class a few in the haunts/zombies category.
                        Videos - YouTube

Comment

So do you go by Professor Keggie?

Comment

nar, just Sir Keggie, I'm still in training

note -
                            bought and completed "mark of the ninja", rather short game but fun, quite re-playable if you want to be a perfectionist, thx for the suggestion, got myself velvet assassin too, not started that one yet tho
                            Videos - YouTube

Comment

Condemned had stealth? XD

Pretty comprehensive list id say. Possible additions :

- Stalker : has "Stealth" in both the sense "this thing might kill me so avoid" and (more towards the endgame) "is this worth spending resources e.g bullets, health kits on"

- Aliens vs Predator 2 and to some extent the new AvP : The alien is very fragile and you have to rely on hiding, surprise attacks and separating enemies. Predator is beefier but you can ninja around alot (what with the cloaking and spearing heads to walls while going hohoho and all that jazz). Pred gameplay in the new one is kinda strange tho, theres predefined lurk locations you can jump to, awkward to play, cant really describe it.

- The first Far Cry : Ultimatively you gonna shoot dudes loudly (cant remember if it had silenced guns) but in most of the jungle sections you can creep from bush to bush unseen and even whack some dudes with a machete without anybody noticing. If you shoot dudes and everybody comes running you can bolt and hide (the Ai has alert statuses and will search based on area last seen and such). Its generally not wise to be "out in the open" because a) even normal and especially snipers have huuuge and i mean HUGE sight range. If someone looks at you and youre not in a bush or very far away theyll see you mostly b) theres mostly so many dudes you cant rambo all of em without taking a beating. Downside may be theres lotsa straightforward fps sections and it also has mutant monsters

- (since Commandos is in the list) Silent Storm : has a scout class which can hide and silenced weapons and such (gets actually pretty op with higher levels)
                              My leet Thievery Map
                              My leet UT3 Map
                              My leet AS Map

Comment

Mark of the ninja is indeed awesome (got it as gift so 2x the awesomeness ^^). Now im just enjoying it doing a little bit of stealth and doing the objectives (higher scores than Keggie ). After ill unlock the hard difficulty ill try do a complete ghost run. Now that will be challenging!
                                GettysTube - Indie games news and videos!
                                UE4 Stuff channel

Comment

Working...
                                X