uninstalling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uninstalling...

Wow, awesome. This I said when i played TuT for the first time. but i have a problem: now i must uninstall it, but there isn't a uninstaller... So, if anyone could explain me how to do, i'll be very grateful... Thx

I just delete The "Thievery" folder.
    And all items in System with Thievery in them. Fore example:

Thieveryuser.ini
    Thieverymod.ini
    thieverymod.u
    ETC....

Comment

Yes, just do a serch for "Th*" in the system folder.
      ]V[]V[

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

*Pokes Dalai to remember to put in an uninstaller in the next patch.

Comment

uninstaller seems ill necessary since it doesn't write over anything. And if you need to fix the install.. just re-install. if you are just trying to cut down on size on your HD..delete some UT maps.. leave Thievery alone!

Comment

WHO THE HELL wants to uninstall thievery * slaps you * for even thinking of it
              if u must reinstall never utter the words uninstall thievery OR ELSE!!!!
              An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

What about all the crap that Thievery put into my registry? It's a wee bit of an inconvenience to search all the Thievery crap in my registry (and there's an awful lot for one mod !) and then manually have to delete all those keys. And I'm not in the habit of leaving a bunch of leftovers in my registry.
                :x

Comment

Originally posted by Too Much Coffee
                  What about all the crap that Thievery put into my registry? It's a wee bit of an inconvenience to search all the Thievery crap in my registry (and there's an awful lot for one mod !) and then manually have to delete all those keys. And I'm not in the habit of leaving a bunch of leftovers in my registry.
                  :x
                  The installer doesn't write anything in your registry. I believe that the only other thing you will need to delete are the links in your Start menu.

< EDIT > Actually, it does (I just checked), but they are harmless. There are only 6, so it won't be that time-consuming/difficult to delete them.
                  No Linux, No Choice.
                  Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

I think there IS a way to uninstall thievery. (though don't hold me accountable here)

When you click to add/remove UNREAL TOURNAMENT, or uninstall UT, it brings up a list of things (checkboxes) to uninstall components. Sometimes mods and stuff are in there, and I think thievery is one of them.
                    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                      I think there IS a way to uninstall thievery. (though don't hold me accountable here)

When you click to add/remove UNREAL TOURNAMENT, or uninstall UT, it brings up a list of things (checkboxes) to uninstall components. Sometimes mods and stuff are in there, and I think thievery is one of them.
                      In order for it to be listed, it would have to have been installed using the Unreal installer (umod). TUT uses "exe", so no dice.
                      No Linux, No Choice.
                      Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

I just use my program
                        Add/Remove Plus 2002 ..removes any program even if there is no uninstall.

Comment

Working...
                        X