Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is anything going to be done about the server settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is anything going to be done about the server settings?

we tried default and it didn't work out for thieves.

we tried the settings we have now and it's not working out for guards.

can we have a new set up to try and find a happy medium? I suggest frob awaken (with a timer before bodies are frobbable if that's possibe) and a 15 minute wake up time. Clever setting seems to be fine, but personally I'm even willing to go to normal to get timed awakenings back.

I'm for frob awaken only, and a new AI is included with 1.4.
    JM

Comment

Im for autowake only after x minutes, but have guards brought back to the nearest pathnoded area, or spawned back at their original starting spawn point when they wake up; or Frobbed wake up, with 15 sec incoherent delay (which isn't possible in 1.3).

Comment

With frob only wake ups guards win 56% of the time. I'm happy with these #'s. Guards are still winning more games than thieves but it's fair enough to both sides that they both have a equal chance of winning.

Poe the settings on the CTG server will remain the same unless LR and I see one side winning more than they should.

Comment

Remember that Mog has the settings on his server handicapping guards to try and see if those settings cause crashes, not because he thinks it's balanced. At least, that's my impression.

1.4 will change a lot.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

sorry to hear that grank. I myself don't think the settings are fair. I have my reasons but I don't intend to get in a conversation about it here.

Comment

I agree with Grank, it should stay how it is, especially if 56% of the time guards win, Id say thats being pretty fair to guards

dont like timed wake ups, but frob wake ups add a lot to the gameplay
              "Shivers running down my spine,
              whos blood? I know its mine.
              -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

I am wholly for the frob only awakening. That 56% seems pretty good to me to; finally this patch is starting to get balanced. But hey, if thieves are only winning 44% of the time, I guess I should start playing more so it can bring it up to at least 50%.
                Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                "Dream is Destiny"
                Waking Life

Comment

I reckon the percentages will drop a little after the 1.4 patch, since the AI's will be nerfed. It seems to be pretty balanced right now, you can really see the balance differences between crackaz and mogs.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                    sorry to hear that grank. I myself don't think the settings are fair. I have my reasons but I don't intend to get in a conversation about it here.
                    Oyy, mind to post that on the RLF forums? I would like to know what your opinion is.

Comment

Working...
                    X