OT: Remastered albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Remastered albums

Probably most of you guys have heard of the 30th aniversary editon of Dark Side of The Moon.
    I will not expose all the (a)claimed features of this edition. In fact this is just an excuse for making a thread about this issue of "remasters".
    What i would like to hear is what are your feelings towards a re-edition of a record that you already own on Vinyl and CD. Is 5.1 really necessary to enjoy an already good album? Considering that the 5.1 is only available on Super Audio CD compatible players is it worth?

As for me i have very mixed feelings about this issue. On one hand i like to see old stuff being reworked using new technology and providing a sounding that its closer to what it was. Also it helps preserving the recordings.
    But i am also a bit conservative as i feel that some things really shouldn't be changed because it would break the "old feeling" and spoil the whole thing.
    So as for now i think i will not buy the cd. Like i said i own it twice, in fact i own it 3 times because the 2nd cd of PULSE is Dark Side of The Moon Live.
    Feel the power of the

too bad Pulse is a terrible terrible album. "Oh look at me, I'm David Gilmour and I can squeeze the soul out of 20 years of music as an excuse to dick around on my guitar for 10 minutes!"
    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
      too bad Pulse is a terrible terrible album. "Oh look at me, I'm David Gilmour and I can squeeze the soul out of 20 years of music as an excuse to dick around on my guitar for 10 minutes!"
      Yeah, i agree, but at least you didnt BAND my thread. Thx Thwark.

Hmmm, do i sense a Roger Waters fan on you?
      Feel the power of the

Comment

well, yeah.

Comment

on a related note, I like the fact that they are remixing DSoTM for 5.1 - though the older remaster is a waste of time. For the most part, those remasters are just the original album with the volume turned up. Waste of 20 bucks.

Comment

Working...
          X