help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!!

i can't get my avatar to work... i resized a pic and uploaded it to my geocities account, but when i try to set it as my avatar, it says "The URL of the remote avatar is not valid"... can someone go look at the pic i'm trying to set, and see why it won't? please?? :cry: it's here.... *sniffles*
    ~*~Likita~*~

Try this link: http://www.geocities.com/likitarenn/avatar.JPG

I guess you're just trying to use http://www.geocities.com/likitarenn/avatar
    You have to put .JPG in big letters at the end.

Comment

Geocities doesn't allow remote linking to images, though, do they? If not, try renaming the file to "avatar.txt", uploading it that way, and then using the appropriate link for your avatar.

Comment

You haven't uploaded the file yet (according to that link). Might explain the problem....
        I'm cool!

Comment

Originally posted by !eduDageM
          You haven't uploaded the file yet (according to that link). Might explain the problem....
          Copy/paste the link.

Comment

well... i tried to copy and paste, AND i put the .JPG part in.. i'll try the .txt thing tho we'll see what happens... thanks for the suggestions! ops:
            ~*~Likita~*~

Comment

Find another host...
              www.imahosting.com

Comment

E-mail it to me.

I'll host it.
                The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  Geocities doesn't allow remote linking to images, though, do they? If not, try renaming the file to "avatar.txt", uploading it that way, and then using the appropriate link for your avatar.
                  But doesn't that go against the geocities terms of use? Doesn't that get your account shut down and deleted without warning?
                  ]V[]V[

Comment

Having your geocities account deleted is doing you a favor...
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                      But doesn't that go against the geocities terms of use? Doesn't that get your account shut down and deleted without warning?
                      I don't know, to be prefectly honest. I've never had a Geoshitties account. But I know the trick works. As far as the rest, see Big D's comment above.

Comment

hehe, thanks bunches CD, i'll email it to you if you'er sure you don't mind hosting it... pm me your email addie? *grins and hugs CD* awesome, awesome, thank you much on TMS they just resize your av image for you, so the whole resizing thing has me a little lost i guess... or rather, the resizing and then linking to the resized image? lol, something... and my geocities account hasn't been deleted yet... not that i really have anything important on it anyways, i mostly use it as a way to transfer stuff from webpage class at school to my computer at home (since we're not allowed to bring in floppies )........ and geocities USED to be so much better, back when i was like 10 and my mom had all her stuff running on it.... *hrms* eh, oh well, what can you do?
                        ~*~Likita~*~

Comment

Originally posted by LikitaRenn
                          oh well, what can you do?
                          Write the longest run-on sentence ever?

Comment

oh well, what can you do?
                            Write the longest run-on sentence ever?
                            What are you talking about? I counted 24 periods in that post...
                            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

i can't get my avatar to work... i resized a pic and uploaded it to my geocities account, but when i try to set it as my avatar, it says "The URL of the remote avatar is not valid"... can someone go look at the pic i'm trying to set, and see why it won't? please?? :cry: it's here.... *sniffles*

I know how you feel.

Geocities did a number on me as well. But they did to anyone who isn't paying real money for their site.

CrouchingDork is hosting my avatar right now.

Heh.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                              even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                              of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Working...
                              X