hello did they fix this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello did they fix this

the bug when you throw a flare at sometimes dosn't light the area it was thrown to

meaning the flare is used but you don't get any light and thieves stay invisiable

this happens alot
    An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

does happen a lot...usually because you throw it too fast or so i hear
    http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
    -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
    -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
    -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Nope its because you pickup a flare that was light up by one of the other guards.
      But is it fix ? duno yet.

Also did they fix the
      I take a cat fall /
      i run=no noise=ok /
      ***i climb a ladder=OMG noise even if cat fall is still active*** /
      cat fall activation end
      [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

I do know it happens 99% of the time to me when I light one myself and toss it. It does indeed seem to be due to throwing it too fast.

And, it does still do it in 1.4.

Whether it's a bug, a feature, an unintended feature, or a misfeature is yet to be determined

Scoth

Comment

I too hate making sounds on ladders after chugging a catfall. It gives away where you are every time.
          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
          "Dream is Destiny"
          Waking Life

Comment

The flare does emit light, the light just isn't visible. You can still illuminate invisible things with it, like thieves.

It's a lag thing. When you ask someone else to look at your flare, they'll say it's perfectly normal.

Comment

really cause i get little lag 50- 200 ping almost everywhere
              An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

Hmm, don't know about it still illuminating things. For example, the other day I was playing Grange, and heard the upstairs door open where the balcony to the dining room is. Ran up to the door, and tossed a dud flare. Nothing there. Immediately lit and tossed another, and there was a thief right next to the dud flare.

Terrifically annoying, especially if you're in a darkish area and your last flare duds, but it migth make for an interesting quasi-feature.

Scoth

Comment

Working...
                X