What a Newbie unfriendly community we are, tsk, tsk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -=V12US=-
    • Jan 2003

What a Newbie unfriendly community we are, tsk, tsk...

I would just like to say that some people here act really friendly when you talk to them, but once you meet them ingame... they turn out to be total assholes. :x

Just a moment ago, I was trying to help your typical newbie... going toe to toe with guards, bow drawn and all... I even asked people to take it slowly the next game so I could help the new guy with buying equipment and the like...

But what happens??

Certain assholes whom I shall not name proceeded in ruining the 'class' by blackjacking the newbie while he was spawning, and rushing all the games so I could not explain stuff to him. Like what whistlers were, what caltrops do, etc.
    I know you people want to play games, but new people don't join often. And when you just abuse them so you can get an easy victory I doubt it'll make them stay for long.

When a newbie joins, it is our responsibility to explain the game to them. This is not a "pick-up-a-weapon-and-start-fragging" game, this game actually NEEDS someone to guide you, especcially if you haven't played thief before...
    So if you keep up this behavious, and start laughing at newbies instead of explaining them that they should sneak and stick to the shadows, then this community will stay small and eventually die out... New people are the life of any game, we need new people to discover new things about the game and propose refreshing idea's that will help the game evolve to something that could be considered one of the best and original mods on the internet.

Keep this in mind people...
    just my 0.02 loot.
  • Lurox
    • Jan 2003

That's true enough. Remember, this game has no frigging manual. Please, when you see one, try to educate him nicely so he doesn't become a DM'er.
    JM

Comment

• Mad_Gerbil
      • Jan 2003

NOTICE TO NOOBIES:
      If you want help, ask. We have serveral servers out there and there are several people in the community who will give you one on one lessons.

NOTICE TO VETS:
      Any time you guys wanna show noobies some stuff, just let me know and I'll password protect the RLF server and have you play there so you are left alone. I'm quite sure I speak for serveral server admins here when I say that we'll do what we can to make sure these people get help in a hassle free environment.
      "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

• NeoPendragon
        • Jan 2003

Newbies should read the fucking guide first insted of trying to learn everthing in-game.
        (AKA Dresden)
        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

• PhaeThorn
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Lurox
          That's true enough. Remember, this game has no frigging manual. Please, when you see one, try to educate him nicely so he doesn't become a DM'er.
          says the man who rushed folly, after the n00b guard team asked, not to rush, in order to give them atleast a small chance.
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

• Omega
            • Jan 2003

Happened to me too on several ocurences, i'll don't post any names, but usually these people are from "clans".

Comment

• -=V12US=-
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by طmega
              Happened to me too on several ocurences, i'll don't post any names, but usually these people are from "clans".
              Indeed, it doesn't really help when people spam stuff like =***** OWNS J00= either.

EDIT: Before someone takes this the wrong way, I was not talking about Omega, I chose the amount of *'s at complete random.

Comment

• BrokenArts
                Former Forum Staff
                • Jan 2003

I agree, people we need more players. It's a freakin GAME. Help the new players, and not yourself to their inventory with you Knock them out when you have spawn raped them for christ sake. Sheesh. :x

I have helped a few n00bs when they have asked questions, they all have appreciated the advice and the tips. I think some are afraid to speak up, I wish they would when I am around. I like to help. So sue me.

I don't really understand why some of you continue to berate the n00bs, it's wrong. I get sick of hearing about it.

Comment

• BrokenArts
                  Former Forum Staff
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
                  Newbies should read the fucking guide first insted of trying to learn everthing in-game.
                  Yes you are correct, but, when in game, if you haven't played this mod before, it is quite different. Playing against a real person, is nothing like playing against an AI. It can't prepare you, for what you will face with a real human thief or guard. The learning curve for every n00b, will still be there, no matter how much they play solo, and read the guide. Learning the maps is the main thing, and loot placement too.

A n00b will have no idea the style of play that some of you prefer, he/she does the best they can do. Skill will be gained over time.

Comment

• Mad_Gerbil
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
                    If this is the attitude of "vets" in this game then I'd rather play on a server full of total noobies. The game can be learned rather quickly, good manners cannot.
                    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

• SNAFU
                      • Jan 2003

You are CORRECT sir!

When I first started CS, somebody was trying to explain to me which guns were better, how the grenades worked, etc. when some loser decided to knife me while I was typing. After that, I became an AWP whore, and was much, much hated on all servers I joined. It took the scout to cure me of my AWP-ness, then I became what CS players call "1337". The lovable scout never let me down.

My most incredible shot was with the scout; 3 headshots... with the same bullet.

But before that, I learned new cuss words that I'm sure don't really exist...

Those were the days... now everybody there has the maturity and intelligence of your below average 1st grader.
                      TCO – Retired
                      Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

• NeoPendragon
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                        I agree, people we need more players. It's a freakin GAME. Help the new players, and not yourself to their inventory with you Knock them out when you have spawn raped them for christ sake. Sheesh. :x

I have helped a few n00bs when they have asked questions, they all have appreciated the advice and the tips. I think some are afraid to speak up, I wish they would when I am around. I like to help. So sue me.

I don't really understand why some of you continue to berate the n00bs, it's wrong. I get sick of hearing about it.
                        Well, I am sick of people who choose to be ignorant. I play the game to acually play it and have fun, not to be Mr. Human Tutorial. If there's a question thats not answered in the Guide, thats cool, but I don't want to be bothered about things they could have easily found there, especially what items do, etc. If this is harsh, so be it.
                        (AKA Dresden)

Comment

• Lurox
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SNAFU
                          Those were the days... now everybody there has the maturity and intelligence of your below average 1st grader.
                          Well, Eljoelio plays CS.
                          JM

Comment

• Mad_Gerbil
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by طmega
                            Membership in a clan has nothing to do with level of rudeness displayed in game. Whatever hang up you have about clans has nothing to do with the topic.

Comment

• NeoPendragon
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Lurox

Ahem, yes it does. Its just that no one seems to read it. Is the link button invisible in some browsers? I don't know.

When a newbie joins, it is our responsibility to explain the game to them.
                              This is a silly statement. Its like buying a game with no manual, and the developers say "Well, Its the players' responsibility to teach each other." :roll: Thievery has a manual. A nice one. A nice one that also states that thieves are physicly weaker and need to use cunning. READ IT!
                              (AKA Dresden)

Comment

Working...
                              X