X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nem's new alias

THE VENT-FUCKER
    This came up yesterday on Mog's. Nem was playing has a guard and went to play as he normally does.
    Some time later a guy shouts «VENT-FUCKER!» we were all like «ROFL!», even Nem was quite amused.
    The rest of gameplay was quite normal apart from Omega being killed 3 times by Nemesis ON THE SAME SPOT!
    Feel the power of the

It was me...

And yes, I was pissed, damn venthunter.

:grin: :wink:

Comment

Nem, you complain about "RLF tactics" ( :? ) and how you would never use them, and then you vent hunt EVERY SINGLE GAME in Aquatone. And don't split hairs with me on the definition of vent hunting like lots of people have been doing lately...you know what I mean.

Thou Shalt Not Vent-Hunt! :x

Please.

Comment

We considered not vent-hunting anymore, but since the thieves didn't keep their side of the bargain and continued circlestrafing we decided to negate the issue and stick to our style as well.

Comment

I wasn't accusing the RLF of vent-hunting. I don't think I've noticed you guys vent hunt on Aquatone...in a loooooooong time. Maybe you have been, but I've missed it. Anyway, if one or two people do it, its not necessarily a "Guild" tactic...which is why I said :? . Nemesis was venting on Freaky Alien (No pun intended! ) about "Door Blocking," complaining it was an RLF tactic that he would never use. He then proceeded to block the door on me the next day, but that's beside the point...

What I'm trying to say is vent-hunting is a far lamer tactic than door blocking, Nemesis. Block all the doors you want, but it would be cool if you didn't camp the vents, which is what I've been noticing.

*Disclaimer*

This is not an attack on Nemesis, its a request that people tone down the vent-hunting.

Comment

How is vent hunting "lame"? It's not like you can't counter it.

Comment

The vents are supposed to be Thief only territory.

Vent hunting is lame.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
              even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
              of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

It's just hard to outrun/dodge firebolts in vents...

Comment

Why should vents be thief only territory? Any guard worthy of the name is going to go where the thieves he's supposed to be dispatching are. And again, it's EASILY counterable. I don't venthunt, not because it's "lame", but because it's too dangerous. Any half decent thief can take care of a guard in a vent.

Comment

could we please stop with the threads that bad-mouth a player because of their playing style?
                    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                      could we please stop with the threads that bad-mouth a player because of their playing style?
                      What about their hypocrisy?
                      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Hey you guys, this was supposed to be funny, not turn into a flamepost about some ventfuck... eh, vent-hunter.

No, really!

Comment

I said this wasn't against Nemesis...since Nem has turned towards ghosting I really like him! He's nice and all around more fun to play with!

Virus, vent hunting is lame (to me) because I'm a ghoster who doesn't use cracks or broadheads (I know some ghosters use cracks, maybe some day I will, too, but I don't right now, and don't intend to). I end up using my only speed to get away from a vent-hunter...and half the time I don't even get away!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon
                            Virus, vent hunting is lame (to me) because I'm a ghoster who doesn't use cracks or broadheads (I know some ghosters use cracks, maybe some day I will, too, but I don't right now, and don't intend to). I end up using my only speed to get away from a vent-hunter...and half the time I don't even get away!
                            Sorry, but this isn't an argument for it being "lame". Your self-imposed restriction on playstyle doesn't obligate other players to play in a manner that allows you to win. If they use a technique you can't beat, not because it's not possible, but because you REFUSE to, the onus of that defeat is on you, not them.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              Sorry, but this isn't an argument for it being "lame". Your self-imposed restriction on playstyle doesn't obligate other players to play in a manner that allows you to win. If they use a technique you can't beat, not because it's not possible, but because you REFUSE to, the onus of that defeat is on you, not them.
                              One could argue that is what griefers and ragers are doing...
                              TCO – Retired
                              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X