Theef_Van_Cleef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theef_Van_Cleef

I thought this guy was BAND on at least Crackaz'. I'm always happy to give someone a second chance, but probable life-wasting, spamming stuff no one cares about, and blatently giving away player locations in spec mode, makes me think otherwise.

Comments? Questions?

There is a reason he was Unbanned.
    and it presents a huge problem for everyone.
    ask LR for more details.
    Nightwarden,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

What? Are he going to sue crackaz for making him lose his job otherwise?!

Comment

lol.

nah, he shares an ISP with several other respected players.
        If you ban him, you ban them.
        Quite a tricky situation.
        Nightwarden,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

Solution: turn off the interweb.
          AI Programmer,
          Thievery UT

Comment

Originally posted by shadow rodent
            lol.

nah, he shares an ISP with several other respected players.
            If you ban him, you ban them.
            Quite a tricky situation.
            He does't actually share an ISP with Beast. Beast's ISP and Theef's ISP each have PART of an IP block. I thought opening up the ban on the partial block that Theef's ISP uses wouldn't present much of a problem. Apparently, I was wrong, if he's pulling that shit again.

It'll take me a little research and about ten lines on the ban list, but I should be able to keep him out and still let Beast in. I'll see what I can do when I get home tonight.

Comment

It's nice to hear that the troublemakers can be kept out without having to punish the good ones as well.
              "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
              even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
              of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl

It's nice to hear that the troublemakers can be kept out without having to punish the good ones as well.
                We've been lucky so far, because the community is small. But the moment someone signs up with a certain ISDN provider in the Miami, FL area, there's going to be a problem. In general, it's easier if people are on broadband, rather than dialup, to ensure that they can get into a server.

Comment

(thinks to himself. are they talking about me. if not who are they talking about and do they know where i live?) oh yeah star is banned for no reason it's starwhores

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl

yep but some of those trouble makers (teehee ) just slip through the cracks cuz they are skilled SOBs! :grin: :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                      yep but some of those trouble makers (teehee ) just slip through the cracks cuz they are skilled SOBs! :grin: :twisted:
                      Skill has nothing to do with it. Theef got in because I removed a ban block so Beast could get in.

Comment

pssst, LR I think he was refering to himself.

Comment

Lol grey fox... DING DING!! u are teh winnar! at least someone can read between the lines LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Fox
                            I know. My reply was between the lines, too.

Lol grey fox... DING DING!! u are teh winnar! at least someone can read between the lines LOL!!
                            KAM, even *I* didn't think you were desparate enough to be seen as competent to claim that moving and ending up on a different subnet qualified as skill.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              Originally posted by Grey Fox
                              I know. My reply was between the lines, too.

KAM, even *I* didn't think you were desparate enough to be seen as competent to claim that moving and ending up on a different subnet qualified as skill.

?? diff subnet didnt get me back in... well not permanently. It my lovable charm that no one can resist..

Comment

Working...
                              X