• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't this getting tight?

Ok,
    This thread ISNT spam ok,
    Im sharing my opionion,
    sad I have to say that else I might be 'band'...
    Isn't this forums getting to tight?
    Its a modification forum.

Thread such as "who is poe" are being closed because they are considered spam?
    wtf guys.
    Who cares if this person may have seen a pic of her or some shit.
    Whatever!
    Forums arn't meant to be tight.
    Swearing and abusive language on the other hand is a different story.
    but some threads are not spam and shouldn't be treated as such.

Think about it mods and settle down a bit.
    its all fun.

-BeAsT

(and btw, don't close this thread, let people have thier say also...)
    deserve victory

Let me be the first to step up and stand for what Beast said. Actually, Ill be the first to step up and step right down.

I've got nothing to say. Really...no! Don't point the BAND gun at me too!!! I stepped right down! AAAIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!

Anyway, I kind of agree, but at the same time...who do I want to sort through useless crap like "who is poe." Who cares who poe is. Nobody cares about poe. Poe is just another nobody like the rest of us. Poe is a girl. Hmm. I take all that back, poe is cool. Im gonna right the biography of poe.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Thanks,
      I think.

But er...these useless threads always hold some form of humour,
      if alowed to conitnue.

Lets face it this forum isnt the most happening of forums,
      sure great people and all but closing threads helps no-one,
      Unless its abusive,
      in which case I think they should be closed.

(and from what i've heard poe is one of the most exiting things in the thievery community )
      deserve victory

Comment

yeah, nearly all "spam" threads not containing a version of megadude actually turn out to be funny.

You're not letting threads have enough of a growth period Thwark. You're nipping all of it in the bud.

In the text book of "Growing and Nurturing Spam" it says:

You nead to properly clip and shear idiot spam and abusive spam, because it drains life the the trunk of the spam. But make sure not to cut off the normal spam. This will inhibit spams' growth, and possibly kill spam. We know spam is controversial, but if you're going to have spam, grow it right, with as much chance for fun as possible.

Take this recent Ad, as well. People need spam! Spam is healthy!

Spam is compact hunks of meat. Spam is full of fat. Spam is stuff we'd never eat if it wasn't spam! But at weight watchers, spam on the boards....is perfectly ok!! With our new go-to-the-boards-and-never-eat-again plan!
        Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
        www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I haven't checked the forums for a couple of days, and what's the first thing I see? Oh, someone acting like a cock. How surprising.
          I'm cool!

Comment

Hmmmm. NO.
            I have very little time to spend on the internet most days. The more spam there is around here, the more likely it is that I will miss important information. If the thread is pointless, close it. Period.
            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
              Hmmmm. NO.
              I have very little time to spend on the internet most days. The more spam there is around here, the more likely it is that I will miss important information. If the thread is pointless, close it. Period.
              In-fecking-deed
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

MEGADUDE on your thread = BAND

Anyway I have seen this issue discussed many times with diferent outcomes. But in few I have seen people saying how tricky it can be to moderate a forum.
                I may disagree with some of Thwarks decisions but not the majority of them.
                Give Thwark some credit FFS. Imagine the chaos if he wouldnt be here. Just think that he is spending his time patroliing our doings. Would you take such a role?

There is also a note on the forums frontpage that some people miss, it says Spamers will be circle-straffed blackjacked.
                And you think its tight?
                So why is the Post thread still going?
                Why isnt the 500 Reasons thread locked?

I would think twice before saying this forum is tight. It just happens that rules are aplied in here.
                Feel the power of the

Comment

There's a FAR distance from 'OT threads' and 'SPAM'.
                  Think about that for a second.

Comment

[spam]
                    I say BAND THEM ALL! BWAHAAHAAHAA!
                    [/spam]

Spam threads SHOULD be closed. If someone wants to find out who is poe or how many miles per week an average snail can cross while holding its breath, this is not the right place to ask. PM poe to find out who she is and go do some experiments or something to find out about the snail.

Anyway, it doesn't matter that much because after five replies or so every thread turns into spam... so, which VGA card should I buy guys? I really need your opinion.
                    I Need Training!

Comment

Spam is bad.

:|

It crowds out the relevant topics and makes the board almost impossible to moderate.

Therefore spam threads should be closed.
                      "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

I say that if anyone continues to spam after having threads closed they are banned for a week or so, that will get their attention.

Edit: actually, thats what the forum rules say, isn't it?
                        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by -BeAsT-
                          Isn't this forums getting to tight?
                          Its a modification forum.
                          Forums arn't meant to be tight.
                          Think about it mods and settle down a bit.
                          its all fun.

-BeAsT
                          This , coming from a Natural Selection veteran forumer ? Come on...

Comment

Figgured id throw .02c in.......

BAND......The photo album thread = WRONG !!

BAND...... That losers "Hi" Thread = You are correct, Thwark

BAND...... Who is poe ? = Correct again sir, Thwark

I dont contribute much, But Im not here to detract from someones elses experience. Hey The JUDGE, If the idiot doesent know how to harass someone then..... Please dont fukin tell them !!

DONT ask me who I am. In some circles this will get you killed;^}

DONT ask Me where Im from. The last time I waited up Aaaall night waitin for you and was very cranky the next day

Thats all........You may resume
                            Never let LaughingRat shave your testicles with a rusty serrated knife.

Comment

Oh, you got me all wrong Ted. All I'm saying is that if you are interested in someone, you should PM him instead of posting generally for all ppl to see. I never said if you want to harass someone PM him all the time, see?

P.S. forgive me if my English are bad, it's because I'm from Greece and it's not my mother tongue.
                              I Need Training!

Comment

Working...
                              X