Newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ř·mega
    I don't like the term Mario. I just think it's a stupid name. Can't you guys come up with anything in the Thief age style?
    I like the "Mario" term. It's quite funny. The parallelism is funny. I was like, "WTF is a Mario guys?" and when they answered me I was roflmaoing about 5 minutes before I hit my head on the monitor and fall unconsious

P.S. LR, you are soooo predictable :lol: anyway we should add this:
    when LR talks about "a skilled group of thieves" he means "a bunch of DM whores"
    I Need Training!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge
      I like the "Mario" term. It's quite funny. The parallelism is funny. I was like, "WTF is a Mario guys?" and when they answered me I was roflmaoing about 5 minutes before I hit my head on the monitor and fall unconsious
      No, I think that was Agg's blackjack....

Originally posted by The_Judge
      P.S. LR, you are soooo predictable :lol: anyway we should add this:
      when LR talks about "a skilled group of thieves" he means "a bunch of DM whores"
      Yeah. I'm such a DM'er.

Comment

Cheers guys! I was expecting, like, two replies and there's a load of um! VERY helpful, cheers.

I'm getting my practise in on single player atm... so watch out... :twisted:

PT
        You ain't seen me, right!?

Comment

Hurry you butt through single player and get online plumsie.

Welcome to TUT community!
          I Need Training!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumsie_taker

PT
            Ooh, you'd best watch out. You'll find multiplayer is a VERY different experience. It's almost a different game altogether.

Comment

What they said.....welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat

PT
                Ooh, you'd best watch out. You'll find multiplayer is a VERY different experience. It's almost a different game altogether.
                On the flipside, single player is an excellent opportunity to learn the maps and experiment with the game a bit.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Single player. Loot placement.

Comment

Thanks guys, glad to be part of the comm.
                    Don't worry you'll be seeing me online - same name. And despite having an A-level coursework deadline for tommorow I've been playing thru some maps, solo, and getting a little multiplayer prac.
                    You gotta love thievery
                    Gotta hate psychology coursework

See you in the game

PT

Comment

Also, why is it that despite having a 56k modem, and having my gain apparently.. erm... gained.. that my connection is always 31'200 and therefore my ping larger than a whore's vagina!!
                      Maybe http://www.56k.com/ can help, although it may not(I didn't really look through it).

I may not remember correctly but I think you can change your speed in the properties of your connection in Dial-Up Neworking. I recommend you change it to 112k(this is the speed your computer talks with your modem, not your connection speed, but you can only receive data at that speed max, so if it's set to 33k then you limit yourself to 33k speed whether you have a faster modem or not.)

A google search for 56k tweaks would probably help too.
                      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Frob: Grab, or use without picking up.

Comment

It could be that 31.2 is all your phone line can handle, too. My parents live in a rural area, and even though they have a 56K modem, they can only connect at 28.8.

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking its my local area, cos my mate who lives about three streets away connects at a sound 43'000 each time.
                            But you get told all kinda of reasons why, when I phoned BT they said that actually no landline can get better than 32'000... hmmm... and yet every1 else in the world seems to have better. The dude sed that my mate was prob a specially case, so I sed that ALL my other mates have more than that and he just sent me off to someone else... conspirasy thoery ne1?

I'll keep searchin 4 tweeks, no luck as of yet.

PT

Comment

Your phone company is full of shit. It's true most analogue phone lines can't reach even the 56K of a dialup modem, but when I was on dialup I regularly got 48000. And a DSL line is a landline, and they're capable of speeds over 1 Mbit.

Comment

All you people explaining stuff to this guy is nice and all, but I think you missed one.

Shadows: This is where you hide.
                                Light: This is where guards hide.

Just in case these other guys didn't post enough obvious or repeat stuff for you.

Oh yeah, and KO means knock out.

Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                                X