Downloading movies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading movies...

What do you think about downloading movies???

I download movies just to know if they're worth buying... (Goes to Cinema too...)
    It's ok...
    0%
    It's not right...
    0%
    Only if they have stopped selling...
    0%
    I will buy them anyway...
    0%
    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Since I don't have a vcr nor dvd, I download movies - yes. But just the good ones.

Comment

Depends of the type of movie, and the quality...
      I for one, would never even consider getting "Reloaded".
      Besides i only download few movies, and mostly it's movies i've been searching for, for ages.

Comment

a little of all of the above....

In its current form I'd say the film industry could use a little shaking up... Imo far too much money is spent in the making of the average film, with far too little quality and far too much mediocrity for the buck. It's audio-visual fastfood filmmaking and a tremendous waste of resources and potential. With digital moviemaking and its expansion into the average home inspiring new artists to showoff their works on sites like this http://www.triggerstreet.com/gbase/Trigger/Homepage large infusions of new ideas and everyday people like you and me are gaining the opportunity to show a monster industry, (not to mention anyone, anywhere in the world) what can be done with next to nothing.

So, quite frankly, I have very little sympathy for these megalomaniacal, cash bloated monopolies which have dominated our audiovisual space for far too long. I say, make way for the techno-revolution/evolution of creativity itself...and download to your hearts content! ( :twisted: )
        ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

Only if they stopped selling...
          JM

Comment

What SiLeNt_NiGhT said.

Downloading is a good way of seeing what a movie is like, the fuzzy compressed video isn't something you'd really sit down and watch with friends, so if it's any good you'll probably buy it anyway.

If I like a film enough, i'll buy it. Even moreso with the advent of DVD, because I know it won't wear out or lose quality like a VHS.

I dont actually watch TV, and I donm't watch movies all that often.

Comment

I agree with Yenz. TV sucks now. I don't watch it any more. I will DL a movie, and If I like it, I'll go buy it. If it sucks, I delete it.
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

Why didn't you vote Lurox??? Busy making thoose herbs???

Comment

I think downloading movies is illegal, immoral and something should be done with it...

...like I should propaply get an ADSL connection to replace this 56k.
                  Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

i download free movies because i like free movies. anyone who says they do it for a loftier reason is almost certainly lying, either to us or themselves.
                    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Gollum/ Smégol??? :grin:

Comment

You mean Smeagol, right?

And what did he have to do with anything?
                        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                        "Dream is Destiny"
                        Waking Life

Comment

I have no problem downloading movies or series that have been on TV for half a million times or that I've had on VHS for ages. Example: the Indy series, Back to the Future, etc.
                          In fact, I've somewhat replaced my old VHS collection with downloaded versions of the same movies - mainly because CDs don't get worse over the years, to the point of being unwatchable; but also because I'd never seen some of those movies in English (again, Indy is a good example) before I had grabbed a DivX, VCD or whatever version. If a DVD is available, I'll usually get that at some point even if I have a downloaded version of the movie.
                          As for movies that are fairly new or just started running in cinemas, I usually avoid those, not last because I don't want to be spoilered before having seen them on the big screen. Additionally, if a movie is "new" and good, it's just a matter of "honor" for me to pay for watching it.

This Indy talk reminded me of the fact that the Indiana Jones movies aren't yet available on DVD, just like the original Star Wars movies... damn you, Lucasarts! Hurry! >_<
                          Outie

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas

Sméagol = I think downloading movies is illegal, immoral and something should be done with it...

Gollum = ...like I should propaply get an ADSL connection to replace this 56k. To be able to download things

Comment

Originally posted by TheOutrider
                              This Indy talk reminded me of the fact that the Indiana Jones movies aren't yet available on DVD
                              http://dvd.ign.com/articles/400/400909p1.html

But no DTS
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X