Yenz and Shug do COGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yenz and Shug do COGS

As people may be aware, the entire M clan currently consists of Australians. As an Australian gamer, you're very likely to deal with Telstra's online gaming facility GameArena at some point in your career. Thus, you'll run into COGS (Complete Online Gaming System) - a program allowing you to chat with your fellow gamers before joining a server.

Yenz and I were bored one night and while sitting in the COGS #cstrike channel, decided to drum up some interest in ThieveryUT, and maybe even recruit some new players. At least, I decided - Yenz had no idea what was about to happen. The following was done completely ad-lib.

Shug: omg hey Yenz, is that you?!
    Yenz: shuggy! played any new games recently?/
    Shug: OMG YES! ThieveryUT! @ www.thieveryut.com
    Yenz: !! me too!
    random_n00b: BEAR MY CHILDREN YENZ
    Shug: it pits stealthy and cunning thieves against steadfast and strong guards in what promises to be the most exciting new game this year!
    Yenz: wow!
    Shug: the dynamic lighting effects of the next generation Unreal Tournament game engine combine with exciting new models and sounds to culminate in an explosive torrent of gameplay
    Yenz: not to mention the awesome team-based strategy and excellent experience set in a pseudo-steampunk world!
    Shug: indeed! in fact, it was voted the best new UT mod in a recent GameSpy poll - and we all know they're never wrong!
    soUl`TaKeR: wot was the url shug?
    Yenz: www.thieveryut.com

This scene repeated itself a few times as we trawled for more players, and a few guys we spoke to actually downloaded the mod.
    Nightmaster,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "until the cat is skinned"

ahh what fun... we did this many times, and a few people (as fr as we can tell) did actually download the mod.

Comment

lmao,
      As if that wouldn't be seen as a publicity stunt lol....
      Invite me into this thing to you bums
      deserve victory

Comment

Originally posted by -BeAsT-
        As if that wouldn't be seen as a publicity stunt lol....
        Someone figured it out on the second attempt, and exposed us Still, we got another person interested in it regardless.

And too late! We no longer frequent #cstrike, sadly
        Nightmaster,

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
          As people may be aware, the entire M clan currently consists of Australians. As an Australian gamer, you're very likely to deal with Telstra's online gaming facility GameArena at some point in your career. Thus, you'll run into COGS (Complete Online Gaming System) - a program allowing you to chat with your fellow gamers before joining a server.

Yenz and I were bored one night and while sitting in the COGS #cstrike channel, decided to drum up some interest in ThieveryUT, and maybe even recruit some new players. At least, I decided - Yenz had no idea what was about to happen. The following was done completely ad-lib.

Shug: omg hey Yenz, is that you?!
          Yenz: shuggy! played any new games recently?/
          Shug: OMG YES! ThieveryUT! @ www.thieveryut.com
          Yenz: !! me too!
          random_n00b: BEAR MY CHILDREN YENZ
          Shug: it pits stealthy and cunning thieves against steadfast and strong guards in what promises to be the most exciting new game this year!
          Yenz: wow!
          Shug: the dynamic lighting effects of the next generation Unreal Tournament game engine combine with exciting new models and sounds to culminate in an explosive torrent of gameplay
          Yenz: not to mention the awesome team-based strategy and excellent experience set in a pseudo-steampunk world!
          Shug: indeed! in fact, it was voted the best new UT mod in a recent GameSpy poll - and we all know they're never wrong!
          soUl`TaKeR: wot was the url shug?
          Yenz: www.thieveryut.com

This scene repeated itself a few times as we trawled for more players, and a few guys we spoke to actually downloaded the mod.

I want to play that game....

Things wrong with this picture:
          1-it pits stealthy and cunning thieves
          2-steadfast and strong guards
          3-exciting new models
          4-explosive torrent of gameplay
          5-awesome team-based strategy
          6-GameSpy poll - and we all know they're never wrong

1-Stealy, ok, cunning....riiiigghhhht.
          2-strong, ok, steadfast? a crack arrow will fix that.
          3- *snicker* *cough* thiefmodel *cough*
          4- explosive? While thievery has some of the most suspenceful moments I've ever had in online gaming, i'd hardly call it "explosive"
          5- Someday, somehow, I hope this does come true. Unless things have changed since i've been gone.
          6- hahahahaha! good one!

Sorry bout that. Im kinda bored. Good idea, I like it Get new names and do it again!
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

MWHAHAHAHA :lol:
            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

GJ guys...
              hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

My god mike, I can't believe it's a game! I'm so immersed! I Just went to my mom and hit her over the head with my baseball bat! You think insurrance will cover that?

Comment

Now this would be a good idea, if the CS players weren't all so "nice and clean" people to play with :roll: .
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                    4- explosive? While thievery has some of the most suspenceful moments I've ever had in online gaming, i'd hardly call it "explosive"
                    5- Someday, somehow, I hope this does come true. Unless things have changed since i've been gone.
                    You've played with Gerbil, and you don't think the game is explosive?

Comment

Sorry bout that. Im kinda bored. Good idea, I like it
                      Phew... I didn't want to be the one to break it to you that the entire spiel was supposed to be an over-the-top sales pitch.

And Phae, CS players in general in Aus aren't such a bad crowd; but I think you'll agree any publicity is good publicity at this stage in TUT.
                      Nightmaster,

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        You've played with Gerbil, and you don't think the game is explosive?
                        :lol: hahahahah funny...and yet soo true... :lol:

Comment

[quote="ShugAnd Phae, CS players in general in Aus aren't such a bad crowd; but I think you'll agree any publicity is good publicity at this stage in TUT.[/quote]

Not true. No offense to anyone, but I'd rather the community stay the size it is instead of growing to hundreds or thousands of players. I'd like TUT to really get big and make it one day, but I don't want the riff-raff that comes with it.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

To be honest, I think what's needed most in TUT at this stage is more players. I'd like to log on and see 10/10 crackaz AND mogs half full, instead of what happens at the moment... full crackaz and another 3 players retrying to get into the same server.

You're going to end up with a few wankers no matter what happens; as long as the crowds don't all mass in, the new players will learn from the old and won't be as inclined to swear constantly every time they die.
                            Nightmaster,

Comment

It's like, we are the water, and the CS players are the acid... and we have to tip them in slowly... and...

...umm, yes, what Shug said. We only have a handful of servers, more players, means more servers, means more players, means more publicity, means more servers, means more players etc.

I think it'll be interesting to see if Thief III brings a crowd to TUT.

Comment

Working...
                              X