X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery for UT2k3?

Hi ppl, i'm new in this forum

Sorry if this post was already posted.

Ok here's my question, I play this great mod since the 1؛ public release, & i must say it's getting better & better but i've being seing the other UT mod teams, they are all making their mods from UT to UT2k3 (TO, GodZ, JW, etc.), is this team also gona make one second Thievery, what i mean is, is this team gona make the Thievery mod for UT2k3? i really would love to play this mod with the graphics of UT2k3.
    Serving my king is my job, i do my best to serv him when using my gold armor, but who says i'm always using it & where do you think i got all the gold?

I'm afraid this probably won't happen. :?

I think the devs prefer waiting for thief III instead.
    JM

Comment

As it was once said, they dont want to start again from scratches.
      TUT is a kickass mod, we dont need TUT2k3.
      In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

ok (i guess)
        Serving my king is my job, i do my best to serv him when using my gold armor, but who says i'm always using it & where do you think i got all the gold?

Comment

Yeh, with Thief 3 just around the corner it doesn't seem smart to create Thievery for Ut2003. If it will have MP capabilities, all the work done on Thievery 2003 would be wasted.
          Black Cat Games - Ex-Map Deleter/Tester

Comment

And IF Theif 3 doesn't have MP capabilities, will it be a possibility?
            ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
              And IF Theif 3 doesn't have MP capabilities, will it be a possibility?
              The engine is written for MP, just heavily modified. I (hope) guess it won't be too modified, so making a MP mod is impossible.

Crosses mine fingers, oh yeah. Cause the Thief 3 engine rock even more than UT2003!

Comment

And if Thief 3 will have mp? What then? Thievery will die?

Comment

Well...

I, for one, would not buy UT2k3 just for Thievery2k3.
                  Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by Netspider
                    And if Thief 3 will have mp? What then? Thievery will die?
                    Can't see that happening somehow

Thief 3 will pretty much be released as a final version, any future patches will just fix bugs/crashes.

Thievery is constantly evolving, with new features and maps creeping in, so it's gonna have a better comeback factor than Thief 3.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAlbaniac
                      Yeh, with Thief 3 just around the corner it doesn't seem smart to create Thievery for Ut2003. If it will have MP capabilities, all the work done on Thievery 2003 would be waed.
                      That's one helluva corner!

Comment

Sorry if this sounds a bit offensive but...

What do you guys want it for UT2K3?
                        Face it, you just want better memory consuming graphics. :x
                        GAH! This MOD isnt even finished and IMO it doesnt need any better looking graphics.

Heres my opinion about ow TUT should be handled in terms of new engine:

1 - Finish TUT - People forget that this MOD is still in BETA, there is a lot to work on, I dont know if it will ever reach FINAL, but if the DEVS named it BETA, they probably had a good reason.

2 - Wait for Thief 3 - This MOD is played by Thief fans, if TUT would go to UT2K3, it would be in serious danger because fans would want to see the new features of Thief 3 implemented.

3 - (1st choice) Wait for Unreal 3 (or UT 3, whatever) - When Thief 3 comes out, we will probably be hearing some stuff about Unreal 3. Its not assumption, There wil be a a third unreal engine, if it will take 3 or 5 years to develop, well I cant tell.

(2nd Choice) Contact other MODS if they really want to use Unreal 2 engine - At this moment UT2K3 is still fresh, there are MODS out there yes, but there is a lot of dark areas in the engine, waiting for Thief 3 will not only show how good it is with the gamestyle but also how the idea can be adapted to multiplayer. When Thief 3 has been played, replayed and had its levels scanned (read looted ) people will start asking for another TUT. Then the DEVS could see how far the other MODS went, Thief 3 will also be a good source of information. Other information could be contacting other MOD teams or seeing how their work got so far.

Either way I too find idiot to buy a game just to play a MOD
                        Feel the power of the

Comment

Besides... UT2k4 is in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas
                            Well...

I, for one, would not buy UT2k3 just for Thievery2k3.
                            Originally posted by Antero90
                            Either way I too find idiot to buy a game just to play a MOD
                            If work were to begin on ThieveryUT2003 today, by the time it was done, UT2003 would cost a pittance.

Comment

Umm..WOW! lots of people in here missed the memo i guess..

To answer your question Mad_Monkey:

YES! There is going to be a TUT2k3, but it will not be headed by the entire developer cast that makes and works on TUT. Gullonefox and other decided to take it on as a side project and made that information public, apparently not public enough. But it probably wont be until mid-late 2004. Now I also don't know if they may change their minds in that time, but yes.. it is being worked on and according to Gullonefox, the game foundation is already in place, its just the new Uscript commands for unreal2engine need to be implemented and improved.

As for the rest of you..get your stories straightened out.. you played splinter cell right? well wouldn't u like to see thievery heading towards that caliber of play? not saying that it will.. but certain things like interacting with more objects and physics will definitely be a great improvement and add tons of new stuff you can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X