Thieves Vs Guards Half Life mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves Vs Guards Half Life mod?

Yeah, um, i heard somthing about a half-life mod for Thief that was going to be multiplayer or somthing? I went to the website and didn't understand much of what it was supposed to be. Could somone give me some kind of idea? Thanks
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Hmm, man...

Dialogue from South Park (when Saddam was building a war plant in heaven)

- Are you plain stupid or just very high?
    - I can assure you, I'm not high!

Man, I can't even understand what are you trying to say.

First of all, how do you expect to make a Half-Life Thief mod if it uses it's own engine?
    Second, there is an MP mod for Unreal Tournament (you're now on it's forum)

Go to www.thieveryut.com

Stop wasting my time....

Comment

Netspider, http://www.3dap.com/thief/gvt/

It's supposed to be similar to Thievery.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Net Spider get a grip the guy is asking a sensible question. Yes there was talk at the same time the making of thievery was being discussed about making a mod for half called Thieves V's Guards. They have that half made web page and all... I think that is as far as they got. Last I could tell they were trying to be too damn clever and were attaching an over all plot, with the maps as chapters; not hte best idea for a multiplayer game (yes I think the story line of tribes sucks)

Comment

Oh, really? ops: My bad, sorry... I just got confused with Half-Life Thief mod. If he'd said Half-Life Thief-like mod, then it'd be clearer...

Comment

Thats ok, just a misunderstanding

So i guess it has been scrapped? I guess even if it did get released, people would tend to stick to thievery. It truly is a great mod
            "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
              So i guess it has been scrapped?
              I had thought so as well, but after looking at the site again I saw that they had made updates in April.
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Either way I dont think half-life's engine (quake) is as good as Unreal for this MOD.

Hang on...

Wasnt you who made that thread "Looking for a Thief substitute?"
                Feel the power of the

Comment

If it is for the HL engine, and i suspect it is, this Gaurds vs. Thieves mod, or whatever, then we can all assume that it will be a flop from the start. The only reason that Thievery is on the UT engine (which is a lot more dated than HL) is because the lighting system in HL fuggin' sucks. I've played around in the HL coding myself, and when you compare it to UT, the lighting system in UT will win hands-down (whatever that means) in every way.

Plus the need for a low polygon count in UT just made Thievery look a lot more like its low-tech counterpart, Thief 2.

Hey man! Check out all the 9 polygon goblets! This is Thief, i can see it from here.

LM
                  Sh33p! Shaepard i yam!

Where be that taffer Williams?

Comment

hehehehe

GvT started development about the same time Thievery did. They, in fact, wanted to be called Thievery, but changed the name when they heard about us. for a few months, there, we were worried that their mod woul dbe released first, and eclipse ours. Of course, we didn't see any work out of them for a long long time, in spite of the lead designer talking about all their progress to Dalai.

Then they posted screenshots about the time Thievery was in it's later internal patches i believe, and a good giggle was had by all. The site hasn't progressed much since then.
                    I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

And thank God it wasn't released first, and didn't eclipse thievery!!

Sorry but I wouldn't go near an only online thief mod, I def prefer practice solo first. I'm sure other nooBs will agree.

PT
                      You ain't seen me, right!?

Comment

In a way, it's too bad it's not progressing better. Another game of this kind would raise overall awareness in the gaming community as a whole, and increase the popularity of the multiplayer stealth games. Undoubtedly, some people would try HL TvG, find out about TUT, try it, and probably stay with TUT, since it already has a developed community, well-developed play, and a devoted dev team keeping on top of things and making necessary changes regularly.

Comment

First of all, the website sucks (sorry, but it really does). Hard to navigate, easy to get lost, IE-only code, sucky menu etc.

Second of all, the screenshots doesn't look all that good. Seems like they're just working on it when they feel like it, god knows when it will be released. But, of course, I will try it if/when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                            Then they posted screenshots about the time Thievery was in it's later internal patches i believe, and a good giggle was had by all.

pfft lol

It's funny now; I can't imagine how good it was back then

Comment

Nachmir, don't make fun of those weapons in the game, and the objects that you can see through the trees ... and the perfect lighting :roll:
                              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Working...
                              X