Fun with loot bug: Pictures Enclosed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with loot bug: Pictures Enclosed.

I think some of the TUT players fail to realize just how big of an impact the loot bug can have on a game. A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a library of thought for you. (Note: Enjoy the bug while you can, it's gone in 1.3)

Clearly on a loot-centric map like Nostalgia the death of one or two thieves could generate enough loot for a thief to get the entire 1500 required to finish the map by camping one out of the way respawn point. I'm suprised the guards do as well as they do on maps like Flats and Nostalgia. :grin:

"A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Hah! pretty nifty

I wish I could dupe my money in real life like that.

Comment

Server has to be set to 100% loot drop to accomplish that, though, and you have to have collected virtually all of it before dying.

Ironically, 0% loot dropped works more in the guard's favor in terms of how much loot can be made available in a map.

Comment

Only problem with the 0% is once they have collected all the can with out going for the lyre all but one person goes to the exit. Then the last person runs in takes lyre, smack smack smack they die. They respawn and win. Not that much fun.

Or as one person collect 500 loot (which is not hard) then go for lyre and die. Respawn in exit and you won.

Comment

Yep. For now, the best compromise seems to be the 50% loot drop.

Comment

lol. I want to see someone do this on DP's map.
            (AKA Dresden)
            Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

lol, great screenies, Mad_Gerbil!

Comment

As I've told you before, you're funny!!

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                  Hah! pretty nifty

I wish I could dupe my money in real life like that.
                  You can. Just die a couple of times... :grin:
                  TCO – Retired
                  Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
                    lol. I want to see someone do this on DP's map.
                    How about on yours ?... 1400 loot + trophy is nice too
                    No , to obtain ridiculous amounts of loot , just play Chief's map. Amongts the little flaws it has there is the 7000 fscking loot objective... I bet I'll reach the million loot before you

I had similar bugs in Thiefmatch on Theatre , and still got the pics...

... and I was naive enought to think the respawning loot came from guards taking dropped loot ! :roll:

Comment

That reminds me of a bug during testing that rocked for the 56kers. You could frob an object really fast, and it would grab it 8-15 times due to lag. I was on dial up at the time, and it ROCKED!
                      Modeller,
                      Thievery UT
                      www.jeredhunter.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jered
                        That reminds me of a bug during testing that rocked for the 56kers. You could frob an object really fast, and it would grab it 8-15 times due to lag. I was on dial up at the time, and it ROCKED!
                        OMG !!! BUG USER !!!!
                        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

This is proof that TUT teaches kids to invest in worthless pyramid schemes. Down with TUT! Down with investments! Down with kids!

Comment

i bet you can get like 100000 on my map....the loot available is like 7230 or something
                            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

:lol: I liked the previous version of DarkProject's map...15,000 loot :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X