Oh. My. God.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh. My. God.

That's right, those are periods in between each word, and that means this gets Alpha-Omega's seal of kick-ass approval.

The Half-Life 2 E3 video is awesome, and Half-Life will absolutely rule. I dunno if it was the physics, graphics, or AI that got me the most, but it is all pure genious.

I was going to link you to the E3 video, but apparently you have to be a Fileplanet subscriber or IG-insider to download it at the moment. But, here's a short version that doesn't have nearly as much goodness as the 20 minute preview.

Half-Life 2

I downladed the short-version from Fileplanet together with a lot of other videos from the E3. Sadly, I can´t play it ´cause I am missing some codec. Even Nimo doesn´t help. However, it can´t be as good as Doom 3. Since yesterday, I only knew the screenshots which are still nothing special in my opinion. But you have to see them move ..........

Comment

Just managed to get the HL2-video running. It´s cool but I still like Doom 3 better (for now).

Comment

Bah to Doom III!!Bow before the awesome might of Half Life 2!!!!1111

Comment

A lot of good games coming up this year, and the next.

:grin:

Comment

Any download links for the 500 meg one?
            http://www.insult2injury.org
            -end of transmission-

Comment

IGN released 4 long gameplay movies, but theyre only for IGN insiders right now, but probably will soon be available to everyone

Im completely blown away by this game. At first, I thought "hey thats cool, but it cant compete with Doom3." After seeing these 4 videos, Im not so sure anymore. I mean, Doom3, Im all for it, cant wait, even looked for as many alpha screens as possible. But, Half Life 2 does look like itll give it a run for its money. Ive NEVER seen interactivity at this level before. You can interact with everything, I wont give anything away from the videos for anyone who hasnt seen em though. My solution is just to get em both. :grin:

btw, theres stuff in Thief3 previews that suggest a really high interactivity with surrounding objects. Like being able to bump things and knock things over, and things like that.
              "Shivers running down my spine,
              whos blood? I know its mine.
              -I am The Hunted"

GBH

Comment

It´s now possible to download the 500 MB video of HL2 from Fileplanet for free. I don´t know if there are more free sources at the moment.

Comment

Fileplanet's is really better than IGN's becuase IGN's 4 videos are just cuts of the one large video that's on fileplanet, plus the fileplanet one has commentary.

Here's a Link.

Comment

Thief 3 forever baby =). Deus ex 2 as well. Better yet long live Ion Storm Austin!

Comment

FFS, can't anyone use avi anymore?

I'm not touching a quicktime movie until they release a client that can go fullscreen.
                      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Salvage, just save it to disk and then zoom in with quicktime.
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

No, not good enough.

This is one of those things I can't stand in any video playback software. What's the point in watching a high res video and not be able to go full screen.
                          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I personally can't wait for Star Wars: Galaxies and Thief 3.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                              I personally can't wait for Star Wars: Galaxies and Thief 3.
                              They're making a game called "Star Wars: Galaxies & Thief 3"?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X