Fact : Thievery is dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact : Thievery is dying

It is official; Voodoo Extreme confirms: Thievery is dying One more crippling bombshell hit the already beleaguered Thievery community when IDC confirmed that Thievery market share has dropped yet again, now down to less than a fraction of 1 percent of all servers. Coming on the heels of a recent Voodoo Extreme survey which plainly states that Thievery has lost more market share, this news serves to reinforce what we've known all along. Thievery is collapsing in complete disarray, as fittingly exemplified by failing dead last in the recent Sys Admin comprehensive networking test.

You don't need to be a Billy "Wicked" Wilson to predict Thievery's future. The hand writing is on the wall: Thievery faces a bleak future. In fact there won't be any future at all for Thievery because Thievery is dying. Things are looking very bad for Thievery. As many of us are already aware, Thievery continues to lose market share. Red ink flows like a river of blood.

The Chosen Ones is the most endangered of them all, having lost 93% of its core developers. The sudden and unpleasant departures of long time The Chosen Ones developers Grank and Biohazard only serve to underscore the point more clearly. There can no longer be any doubt: The Chosen Ones is dying.

Let's keep to the facts and look at the numbers.

Shadowguild leader Ř·mega states that there are 7000 users of Shadowguild. How many users of Crackaz are there? Let's see. The number of Shadowguild versus Crackaz posts on Usenet is roughly in ratio of 5 to 1. Therefore there are about 7000/5 = 1400 Crackaz users. Mockers posts on Usenet are about half of the volume of Crackaz posts. Therefore there are about 700 users of Mockers. A recent article put The Chosen Ones at about 80 percent of the Thievery market. Therefore there are (7000+1400+700)*4 = 36400 The Chosen Ones users. This is consistent with the number of The Chosen Ones Usenet posts.

Due to the troubles of TTLG forums, abysmal sales and so on, The Chosen Ones went out of business and was taken over by thieveryut.com who sell another troubled OS. Now thieveryut.com is also dead, its corpse turned over to yet another charnel house.

All major surveys show that Thievery has steadily declined in market share. Thievery is very sick and its long term survival prospects are very dim. If Thievery is to survive at all it will be among OS dilettante dabblers. Thievery continues to decay. Nothing short of a miracle could save it at this point in time. For all practical purposes, Thievery is dead.

Fact: Thievery is dying
    "HTML is ON" -- LIKE HELL. I can use neither the < entity nor the <strong> element.

Go have it up yo ass, rotten apple!

:lol:

Comment

Huh?
      Black Cat Games
      ThieveryUT
      Alien Swarm

Comment

Originally posted by Cythe
        Huh?
        One of those hard-to-understand jokes (I hope).
        Meet Daxim...

Comment

Okay, what kind of site can generate such ugly things?
          JM

Comment

Daxim, that was great. I laughed. ^_^

Small audience for it, but still amusing.
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Hi Daxim, long time no see.
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Man, you have a little to much time on your hands.

The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cythe
                  Location: Hmm. There was a guy hiding in the bushes. But he's gone now.
                  tee hee...i've moved on Cythe....i no longer need to stalk youi have enough camera's hidden around your house and surrounding area

Funny Thing Daxim :lol:

Comment

Uh, Daxim. Grank isn't even a part of TCO. And the rest of the stuff about us made absolutely no sense...

The Chosen Ones isn't dying, and is argueably the most active guild on the servers.

Comment

wha, somebody passed? ya mean kicked? ...happens all the time....
                      so whats your loadout for guard in Folly?
                      ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                        Uh, Daxim. Grank isn't even a part of TCO. And the rest of the stuff about us made absolutely no sense...

The Chosen Ones isn't dying, and is argueably the most active guild on the servers.
                        Wow, someone needs a happy pill.

The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

We don't support drugs here, CD.

Btw, nice, Daxim. Gave me a good chuckle.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

well i prefer wonder bread over hot dogs...just plain wonder bread
                            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Thank you, Daxim. What a great read. 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X