0_o The Job Thread o_0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0_o The Job Thread o_0

I think it would be intresting to know what my fellow tuters do for a living, or to make money? Where do you work? what do you do? tell us
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Funny you should ask. Some one out there thought it was a good idea to put the lives of hundreds of young, energetic boyscouts in my hands for the summer. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to go run a climbing tower and ropes course for a Boy Scout summer camp. So good ol' Jarvis won't be on TUT for the next two months. There won't be much difference though... Its not like anyone actually sees me when I do play anyway

In others words they are paying me good money to throw a bunch of loudmouthed kids off a 60 foot tower all summer
    "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
    -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

i'm a pre-load package handler for fedex ground. In other words, I'm that asshole who throws all you cherished packages onto the vans, so the drivers can deliver them during the day. I work late nights/early mornings, and finish up around dawn.
      I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

I go to Downingtown High School, and i'm that bum that gets money in ways he doesn't know ( i forget every time i get some :-)).

I HOPE to get a job at a nearby sports shop this summer ,but I doubt it.

For now, I raise money for myself by building custom computers and sellin gthem cheap. Get smore money than you'd expect.
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

BrokenArts is my business. It's what I do for a living. I restore/repair Art & Antique Objects. From a childs plaster hand cast, to museum pieces. I love what I do. I work at home. I am the secretary, the packer, the worker bee. That's me.

Comment

I have my own construction contracting business. Painting contractor
            to be exact.

Comment

I tend Bar and work Boxoffice in a major downtown Toronto Theatre (live theatre).
              Soon to go to school for writing.
              ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

I'm working for the Public Utilities of my city.
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I don't. Well, OK, I suppose I could get away with saying I'm a student

Comment

well im studying AI on http://www.tuke.sk/index-e.html . Im also developer for some company makin' electrochemical analyzers.

In my free time i play thievery, thief, dx and i'm waiting restlessly for thief3/dx2

Comment

Don't ask.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by Majarisan
                        So good ol' Jarvis won't be on TUT for the next two months. There won't be much difference though... Its not like anyone actually sees me when I do play anyway
                        Oh, there'll be a BIG difference. Fewer things will be missing.

Originally posted by Thwark
                        i'm a pre-load package handler for fedex ground. In other words, I'm that asshole who throws all you cherished packages onto the vans, so the drivers can deliver them during the day. I work late nights/early mornings, and finish up around dawn.
                        This confirms my choice to ship UPS....

I work for the government. No, really.

Comment

Programmer, and university student starting this fall. For the past two years I've worked at SynaptiCAD, although this summer I'll be doing database coding for a financial institution in Pennsylvania. I'll be working there for half the summer, from home the other half.
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Im a university student of Robotics. I also work as a waiter in a restaurant. Ive started working there bout a year ago and im satisfied. Got nice waitress chicks there to "roam around" if ya know what i mean! Also i earn some money there for beer and cookies. Now i work only on weekends but when teh holiday gonna start im going to work there full time for 2 month, than take some free (paid) time and back to teh school.
                            In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

I am a student...I am studying to become an electrician...you know the one that put the lights in your house , fire protection ,etc.
                              "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
                              "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

Working...
                              X