Mapped Released..Ready for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapped Released..Ready for download

Well, I know it is 10pm on a Sunday night. But I do have my map uploaded for those of you that are still awake. Here is the URL..

Archnophobia

Thanks, Apache!

------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
    Apache, after downloading the file, it gives me an error that the ZIP file is missing 18 bytes and is not valid... :?
    Team ORJ

Comment

Same here. You might want to re-upload it.

Comment

That is strange..someone got that error grabbing a FM also..I'll reupload now.

----------------

Re-uploaded and then downloaded from the link..Unzipped fine..Good to go now..

Comment

Downloads just fine now. Thanks.

Comment

get it at www.tearsofblood.com
            http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
            -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
            -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
            -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

I had 2 crystal spiders, and just as I picked up the 3rd...CRASH!

PC reset!

:x
              Black Cat Games
              ThieveryUT
              Alien Swarm

Comment

w00t! Got it and am headed off to play it.
                Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                "Dream is Destiny"
                Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cythe

I had 2 crystal spiders, and just as I picked up the 3rd...CRASH!

PC reset!

:x
                  I had nearly the same effect, but for me the game didn't lock up until about 20-30 seconds after getting the 3rd spider (and no reset comp, just close/start X).
                  No Linux, No Choice.
                  Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

OK..no lockups for me.. i played it.. it has some cool effects to it... but no where near finished.

1. AI doesn't have full attention until they are alerted... There were 3 guards next to each other.. i KO'd one and both others got alerted, they calmed down and I hit the second one in the face.. he was alerted and walked towards me so i Flashed him. His friend only 4 feet away wasn't alerted or flashed.. its as if he was standing with his eyes closed.

2. Most of the AI just stands around like they have nothing to do.. then when they are alerted and calm down, they don't go back to their Guard posts, they just stand where they are.. there also needs to be some patrolling.

3. Open the gate where the Golden Armored guard is, and in those side doors you find small crates, but pick them up and it says you are holding a Large crate and are slowed down as such while walking, also walk forward and see the glass spider statue with a single floating apple next to it?? ?! whats the point of this?!

4. Golden Guard is only guard with Crossbow, rest of guards only have mace, they act a little different.

5. Certain AI attacked me in 4% visibility, I ran away quickly and he was already hitting me with a mace 10 feet away... it seems he was given super speed. Also i drank health after he nailed me and that caused him to light a flare and say I heard you. Its as if that one guard was on Genius settings even though my server was set to clever.

6. One shot kill an un-alerted glass spider, it shatters and the script destroys normally.... But shoot an alerted spider and it shatters but keeps walking, it doesn't destroy the object, just gets more pissed.

7. Level is not coordinated with itself.. Starts off in lower area with random walls that move which are kind of cool, but has no practicality. Entire upstairs area with guards has nothing to do with lower area nor the title Arachnophobia.

8. Long rope that goes down into the webby area dissappears often since there is so much web i suppose... And it needs to have a collision cylinder or something on it to prevent you from going forward thru the rope as you climb up. This is also true for the ladders in the sewer area. (This is similar to climbing the chains on the chandleirs in Korman Church, you fall thru as u go up.)

9. Books, notes, scrolls : ALL BLANK

10. Doors to towers are all fake... number one hated thing on all Thief & thievery maps: Doors that look real but aren't. Too many doors like that on this map.

11. You start on a ground level, with grass and such, but then you go up, and you are on another ground level with grass... doesn't really make sense.. can't be a ground with grass on a second level...at least not the way its designed.. it doesn't seem to be a hill or plateau, just 2 even sized levels

12. No Map

Its got some cool ideas in it, but it needs much much much more work. Keep up the good work though!

Comment

Yay! I completed it! And I encountered only 2 problems :

- The ambient in some areas should be changed. (like in the labyrinth)

- When you're in the water at the bottom of the well, you can't get back up because the cylinder doesn't reach this place.

And a map would be nice...
                      JM

Comment

OH MAN THIS MAP ROCKS!!! I havent played it yet though... :grin: but it still have a nice name
                        "What'll we do tonight, RaughingLat?"
                        "Same thing we do every night, Granky, try to take over the world."

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                          Yay! I completed it! And I encountered only 2 problems :
                          - When you're in the water at the bottom of the well, you can't get back up because the cylinder doesn't reach this place.

I thought the same thing at first.. but get out of the water on to the ledge and jump to the rope and climb on up.

Comment

This is a beta release, so you know what that means, he is looking for feedback. Being a first map of his, I think it's damn cool.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                              OK..no lockups for me.. i played it.. it has some cool effects to it... but no where near finished.

1. AI doesn't have full attention until they are alerted... There were 3 guards next to each other.. i KO'd one and both others got alerted, they calmed down and I hit the second one in the face.. he was alerted and walked towards me so i Flashed him. His friend only 4 feet away wasn't alerted or flashed.. its as if he was standing with his eyes closed.

2. Most of the AI just stands around like they have nothing to do.. then when they are alerted and calm down, they don't go back to their Guard posts, they just stand where they are.. there also needs to be some patrolling.
                              1--This is odd seeings how I didn't change the AI at all..Just placed them..Any ideas?

3. Open the gate where the Golden Armored guard is, and in those side doors you find small crates, but pick them up and it says you are holding a Large crate and are slowed down as such while walking, also walk forward and see the glass spider statue with a single floating apple next to it?? ?! whats the point of this?!
                              2--Loot spawner...I cloned one I already had..Didn't realize that an apple was on the list.

4. Golden Guard is only guard with Crossbow, rest of guards only have mace, they act a little different.
                              3--They all have crossbows..I know I have been shot by all of them at some time with a crossbow.

5. Certain AI attacked me in 4% visibility, I ran away quickly and he was already hitting me with a mace 10 feet away... it seems he was given super speed. Also i drank health after he nailed me and that caused him to light a flare and say I heard you. Its as if that one guard was on Genius settings even though my server was set to clever.
                              4--Again strange as I didn't alter them..just placed them..Ideas?

6. One shot kill an un-alerted glass spider, it shatters and the script destroys normally.... But shoot an alerted spider and it shatters but keeps walking, it doesn't destroy the object, just gets more pissed.
                              5--Same thing happens to AIs. You can give a 1 shot kill to an unalerted AI but, if they are alerted they just get pissed.

7. Level is not coordinated with itself.. Starts off in lower area with random walls that move which are kind of cool, but has no practicality. Entire upstairs area with guards has nothing to do with lower area nor the title Arachnophobia.
                              6--Yeah that was poor planning on my part..since the map was only going to be a maze at first..but knida kept on growing. I'll see what I can to to help even it out.

8. Long rope that goes down into the webby area dissappears often since there is so much web i suppose... And it needs to have a collision cylinder or something on it to prevent you from going forward thru the rope as you climb up. This is also true for the ladders in the sewer area. (This is similar to climbing the chains on the chandleirs in Korman Church, you fall thru as u go up.)
                              7--I've seen this effect on other maps..I just figured that that was the way ropes acted.

9. Books, notes, scrolls : ALL BLANK
                              8--I hate writing readables..

10. Doors to towers are all fake... number one hated thing on all Thief & thievery maps: Doors that look real but aren't. Too many doors like that on this map.
                              9--Would if be better if I took the doors out completely?

11. You start on a ground level, with grass and such, but then you go up, and you are on another ground level with grass... doesn't really make sense.. can't be a ground with grass on a second level...at least not the way its designed.. it doesn't seem to be a hill or plateau, just 2 even sized levels
                              10--Again see reply 6

12. No Map
                              11--Haven't figured out how to do the map thing yet.

Its got some cool ideas in it, but it needs much much much more work. Keep up the good work though!
                              Thanx for the input and as soon as I get alittle more free time..i'll start in on the fixes...Afterall it is a pre-beta kinda thing..

Comment

Working...
                              X