This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating Bastard

Just to warn folks, just now a German idiot called Alex and his amazing friend Stefan we're using spectate (Alex playing, Stefan speccing) to magically shoot me in the face in total darkness in an open space 3 times in a row. May he be banned into oblivion....
    I'm cool!

Is this Thievery related, or did someone from the community finally find out where you live?

Comment

I think they use aimbot, we just played nostlagia and alex was sniping from wall when i was like 50 meters away and he stil hit me wiht every shot.

Comment

what's an aimbot? i heard ppl complaining areblast used one
        This is my cool sig.

Comment

I can dothat easy, without aimbot are you SURE he's using it?
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

An aimbot is a cheat that aims for you. I'd be surprised if there was one that worked with Thievery, since arrows and bolts arc down with gravity, and the bow fires at a variable speed.

Megadude, if you actually have a real complaint, tell us which server it was on, when, and provide a log, screenshots, or something of the like. If the admin can stop laughing for long enough, they'll look into it. ^_^
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I actually can believe what you're saying, Megadude. It's quite possible that this person wasn't using aimbot, but instead using his spectating friend to feed him information, either over the phone, or even easier, this friend was sitting in a computer right next to him, perhaps.

It's very possible, if you think about it.

I still consider that cheating, and the law shouldn't be any easier on them.

Comment

The problem, Dragon, is that it's really hard to prove. And while I have no problem believing people would do it, I'm hardly going to take Megadude's word on anything.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by !eduDageM
                  Just to warn folks, just now a German idiot called Alex and his amazing friend Stefan we're using spectate (Alex playing, Stefan speccing) to magically shoot me in the face in total darkness in an open space 3 times in a row. May he be banned into oblivion....
                  Please include complete information. The players ingame names, the date and time/timezone of the incident, what server it was on, and as complete a description of the incident as possible. Include screenshots if you have them and if they show something incriminating, or better, a demo, if you can record one. If you haven't already emailed this information to the admin of the server it took place on, please do so, or post the information here. If it's a serious enough allegation and it's borne out, information can be made available to all server admins for them to take action on.

DarkBill, an aimbot could be made to work with Thievery very easily. Bolts do arc a bit, but only a negligible amount over short to medium ranges, and they're fast. Aimbots can be made to work with weapons that have delays, as nearly every hitscan weapon in every first person game has a cycle rate.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    DarkBill, an aimbot could be made to work with Thievery very easily. Bolts do arc a bit, but only a negligible amount over short to medium ranges, and they're fast. Aimbots can be made to work with weapons that have delays, as nearly every hitscan weapon in every first person game has a cycle rate.
                    I wasn't talking about time between shots, I was talking about the variable speed arrows are fired from the bow, which depends on how far back you draw the bow. An aimbot could work, as you said, for crossbows at short ranges, but would be of little use for anything else. Also, since bolts and arrows travel relatively slowly, you'd have to be leading the target, and I'd be bloody impressed with an aimbot that could do that well.

And in addition, different bolts and arrows travel at different speeds and arc differently.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel

Dude! where, that would be like the best complement I ever got.

(yeah, it was me, duh)
                      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk

(yeah, it was me, duh)
                        I wasn't aware there was ever any doubt.

Originally posted by DarkBill
                        I wasn't talking about time between shots, I was talking about the variable speed arrows are fired from the bow, which depends on how far back you draw the bow. An aimbot could work, as you said, for crossbows at short ranges, but would be of little use for anything else. Also, since bolts and arrows travel relatively slowly, you'd have to be leading the target, and I'd be bloody impressed with an aimbot that could do that well.

And in addition, different bolts and arrows travel at different speeds and arc differently.
                        You're right about the bow, but with the crossbow, it would work very well at short to medium ranges. You don't need to lead your target much at those ranges, and the only bolt that travels more slowly than the others is the firebolt.

I suspect, in this case, that what happened is one looked over the other's shoulder to see where to shoot. I think I know who we're dealing with here, and most likely the two of them were in the same room.

Comment

I know we've had a on going problem on the CTG server with a German player. I'll be very interested to see what this guys IP address is.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel

(yeah, it was me, duh)
                            Wait...are you saying you're Arbalest?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon

(yeah, it was me, duh)
                              Wait...are you saying you're Arbalest?
                              OMG, please tell me you're not really shocked by that.

Comment

Working...
                              X